Devil May Cry 3 (Trial)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devil May Cry 3 (Trial)

Corblimeyguvnor, this demo's fookin' marvellous!

I'd expected just a single room with a shedload of enemies to try out the different styles (three of which are available, a fourth is ghosted out). What you get is a succession of locations from different parts of the game, capped off by a pretty decent (not entirely difficult) boss.

**** me, though, the scope of this game in terms of score attack, combo, juggles etc. Though the styles are all present you're clearly only given a taste of their capabilities; haven't tried Gunslinger yet which is where I assume the Aerial Rave to be. Trickster does let you surf the bad guys while spinning about 720 degrees and battering the place up ... which is always good.

If you press the right analog stick you can swing the camera round behind you, and in general this game is a world apart from the execrable travesty that was the second one.

Another one on the pre-order list - I'm going to be ****ing skint this year.

The intro, btw ...

EDIT: Just tried Gunslinger style and totally soaked myself with some Equilibrium style shenanigans! This game's terminally sick! one11!
    Last edited by Inertia_; 07-09-2004, 10:59.

hopefully have my demo delivered in the next day or so, its looks to cunning.

DMC3, Outrun 2,VF2, almost forgot VJ2 thats me sorted for this year
    Last edited by Pij; 07-09-2004, 10:57.

Comment

Where is the demo from ??...... i need it now..!!!!!

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T_T

I NEED!!111 *sob*
        Last edited by Saurian; 07-09-2004, 11:02.

Comment

Need some Dante action....

/me rocks back & forth in corner of room

Comment

Ah .. think it comes with the RE outbreak 2 game.... Bah, and i bet thats a load of **** aswell.. not worth the price

Comment

Blud - dont think manz didnt recently order 3 of them from Play-Asia simply cos various heads want t3h DanT0r......

Dont even want Outbreak! XD

Comment

OMG OMG OMFG WTF OMG

How the hell am I meant to afford all these friggin games. They're taking the piss!

Comment

FFS... and more FFS.. i can't..... i must resist... 35 quid on a game i wont ever play.. just for a little dante action...Finger keeps hovering over the buy button..

Comment

But someone wants outbreak!

^_~

Comment

Originally posted by 112
                      But someone wants outbreak!

^_~

OMG THERE HE IS!!!111 THE ONLY PERSON WHO ACTUALLY WANTS OUTBREAK!!!!11

- Apparently there was someone who bought Zone Of The Enders for the game and not the MGS demo, I think it's just some silly rumour tho :P

Comment

Well if you find a real person who wants the crap game i will buy it take the demo out and sell them the outbreak disc for 10 quid

Comment

Right, turns out that all the styles let you surf the bad guys, tho steering them in direction you want them to go is pretty difficult - I guess you just pick which direction you generally want to go in and then jump aboard.

The Gunslinger style is **** hot. Quadruple firing angles (maybe more) when Dante's facing in one bloody direction - gah, filthy skills. If you can do half the things in the full game that he does in the intro then I might get carried away and kick my ****ing television set in. Taunting the enemies before dosing them up with the Ebony and Ivory is too much a requirement when playing this game.

The unattend preview vid shows you a few other specials - not sure if they're in the demo. The fireworks one looks sublime so I'll be trying for that now, and seeing as the Aerial Rave is there from the start it could well be in here.

Someone please use a video capture tool on the intro to the first battle, tho - cause all must see the madness!
                          Last edited by Inertia_; 07-09-2004, 11:34.

Comment

for avoiding Outbreak, ebay is your friend - DMC3 Trial ver

or you could try messaging him here on the board and see if he will sell you a copy.

Comment

Right, turns out that all the styles let you surf the bad guys, tho steering them in direction you want them to go is pretty difficult - I guess you just pick which direction you generally want to go in and them jump aboard.
                              I feel faint.

Comment

Working...
                              X