Official F1/Motorsport thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official F1/Motorsport thread

Great news, 3 races for Benetton this year then 2 years at Sauber for Villeneuve, he won't win the championship but he'll certainly stir a few feathers

Last edited by VR46; 09-12-2004, 15:32.

Has he lost/sold his stake in BAR then?

Comment

Ehh? He got ousted at the end of last season in favour of Takuma Sato (and rightfully so).

It's Renault he's going to spent the next 3 races with, but I don't know what he hopes to prove. He won't get a seat with them next year. Unless he's changed his attitude he's not gonna be any more competitive either.

Comment

Damn, they've changed it now, but BBC Sport ran a story about this full of rubbish.... i.e. that Sauber had 'beaten' Renault to signing Villenueve, when of course Renault already have their drivers sorted for next year!

Anyhoo - good to have JV back, just wish it was in a better team.... would love to see him in a Mclaren/Williams/Ferrari!

Having said that, Sauber are close to Ferrari, so maybe if he does well we could see JV driving for them when Schuey retires!? That would be good :-)

Good to have two world champs back on the grid (well, one current, one ex!).

8)

Comment

Both Renault seats are taken for next year anyway. He sold his BAR stake back when he left.

Comment

It's quite nice in a way, since Dave Richards basically back-stabbed Villeneuve, slagged him in the press, cast aspersions on his commitment etc all to get out of having to pay him his contracted wages, while simultaneously praising new-boy Button as the future of the team. So now Button has turned traitor on BAR, and there is speculation that Richards may have to go back to Villeneuve cap in hand.

Despite not liking Villeneuve, I would like to see this happen, but I don't think it ever could. Too much bad blood.

And at least JV has a bit of personality.

Comment

And Schumacher has someone to aim for.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                And Schumacher has someone to aim for.
                yeah could be interesting if Schumy needed need to win the last race next year and he was behind (or lapping) Jaques

Comment

Willynerve is so bad. Just living on daddys admittedly great rep. I love the way all the pundits equate back end sliding with an aggressive driving style when they all know he is totally ****.

Just look how well BAR are doing now they don't have to pay this cock tens of million a year to crash his car into walls.

I can confidently predict he won't do ****.

Comment

Too much slang Trevor, it sounds like you think he'll do well.

Comment

I think it's great news, it's just a shame he couldnt get the Williams seat, but he was only ever an outsider for that seat.

Sauber will do, not sure he can do a great deal with that team, but it may lead him onto Ferrari eventually.

Comment

I hope not.

Comment

GET IN, villeneueve is awesome, is nice to have more than one world champ on the grid again !!!!

Comment

Why do you hope not Stu?

I think it would be great for the sport, and the true Ferrari fan's would lap it up.

Comment

Why did no-one tell me yesterday that Trulli had quit ft: I would have been able to look all smug by saying I bet Villeneuve would get his seat!

This can only be good news for my Fantasy F1 team though as Trulli has been seriously underperforming since they announced he would be dropped.

Personally I am glad to see him back for 2 more years as it's always good to have some personalities in the sport. I cant see it leading to Ferrari but who knows, Ferrari may like their drivers to stay on the track a bit more often than Villeneuve does!

Bring back Eddie Irvine!!!
                              Last edited by Alastair; 15-09-2004, 18:51. Reason: fat fingers

Comment

Working...
                              X