This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Keep-Fit Club - Sign up now!

Its been good whilst since I last weighed myself. For years, I was 12 and a half stone, could eat what I liked when I liked and wouldnt put on a pound. Today I was literally shocked to see Id put on over 2 stone since I last tried, what prompted this was two people the other say asking if Id put on weight, and seeing a photo of my face beginning to look notably podgy! Im 6ft 2" tall, 30, and of slim build, and the weightgain to me is most notable round the face and neck and hips (aka lovehandles!!!). Before I turn into a complete lard, Ive decided to do the following -

*To drop current weigh of 14Stone to 13.6Stone
    *eat less snacks/comfort food (I eat biscuits constantly at home)
    *cut out as much sugary food as possible
    *to do 1 x 26 minute run each week outdoors
    ACHIEVED *visit the gym twice a week
    ACHIEVED *cut out all cola (I normally drink 2-3 cans a day)
    ACHIEVED *play badminton once-twice a week
    ACHIEVED *return to playing sunday football

I aim to drop a stone but also improve general fitness. If anyone else wants to join me in dropping pounds then join in, and we can monitor progress (if any).

Last edited by marcus; 05-01-2006, 17:19.

Best of luck buddy. I feel great when I go to the gym, I hope you do too.

Best of luck, and defo cut the coke. If it isn't your teeth, it's your stomach :S

Comment

I'm buying a bike today, because driving to Uni takes 30 minutes, yet it takes 5 minutes to bike it.

I'm currently 13 stone, although I'm too poor to buy some scales >_<

Plus: You're a fatteh!

Comment

I'm in. Need to lose half a stone after a trip to USA.

I don't eat sugary foods anway - my main obstacle is alcohol. Must cut back and get to gym.

Went to the gym yesterday but got back and quaffed a bottle of vino.

Must try harder. 13stone 12 this morning. See you soon.

Comment

I went for the first time in years on Tuesday, did an hour of rowing, running, situps and bike and it near killed me. I did feel a lot better afterwards though. I also seem to suffer from lower back pain when I play badminton in particular, and so am wanting to strenghten my back for that too. Ill aim to keep my calorie count to below 2000 a day if possible.

Comment

Your room's big enough, just do 100-200 situps a day in there. I've started for the past few weeks and it's so easy to do.

My stomach ached the first few mornings after though >_<

Comment

djjimbob thats cool man, good luck and keep us uptodate of the progress.

Anyone who can recommend good snack-like stuff that I can eat when peckish instead of crisps and biscuits would be appreciated, as I hate being hungry!

Comment

good snack-like stuff? sure.

Fruit.

Comment

I'm 33, 5 ft 10 and have put on about stone in last 12 months (just under 12 stone now) but in our swanky new offices we are not allowed to eat at our desks so I have dropped about 4lb already, there is only so much food you can cram into a 10 minute break.

No gym punishment is needed

Comment

brush your teeth or eat fruit

Comment

Carrots, bananas and apples.

Comment

I've lost 2 stone since Xmas by cutting sugar right out (don't drink ANY pop at all, no sugar in tea or coffee), and by doing so much walking about while I'm at work as to have walked a marathon.

Just over 12 stone now. Wootness.

Comment

i started on a diet last week and went back to the gym... cut down a little on the beer aswell....just sitting here munching some grapes.. yum yum...

I need to lose the weight though,, 6'2" weighing in at 15'4 last sunday .. i lost 4lb from then to today .. which is ok.. need to get this fat mother of a beer gut off... lol.. and i use to love it so much now i hate it...

Comment

don't you guys drink Diet Coke/Drinks ? I have since I was a kid (contantly dieting mum got me started)
                            Can't stand full fat Coke but that's another topic .....

Comment

I need to get back on my bike, i need some motivation and drive atm which is lacking. Though about to take the mut for a walk so getting some exercise. I need to stop eating chocolate!

Only fat blokes drink diet coke............thats me!
                              I cut my sugar out years ago (except in chocolate), now i try to remove salt from my diet.

Comment

Working...
                              X