Last night's Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last night's Top Gear

Surprised no-one started a topic like this before, this way one topic can last for the entire series.

Anyway, great show last night, The Enzo is just great (my favourite car in PGR2 by the way). However the F40 gives it a close run for it's money, don't like the Carrera GT and the McLaren F1 really, will anything beat the Enzo's lap time this/next year ? don't think so.

The new Focus looked a bit like the Megane with it's big boot (and a*se to match), give me the new Astra anyday.

Im still a sucker for the XJ220 personally.

No, i cant see anything touching the enzo laptime, Especially considering the stig was prolly only giving it 95%, not wanting to put dents in a ?500k sportscar.

Comment

yeah the XJ is great, the only year I've been to the Motor Show was 1988 and they had the F40 and XJ220 there and the new Cavalier but that's not quite in the same league is it.

Comment

Is this repeated?

Comment

Was an excellent show.

The F40 really is something special though - 18 years on and it still looks completely fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Gear
            Is this repeated?
            think it might be late one night on BBC2 or sometime on BBC3 ? you'll have to check the TV mags.

And Rob, I think the front of the F40 looks a "bit" like the Nissan 300ZX and the rear is just awesome, spoilertastic.

Comment

The Enzo looked fantastic and is my personal fav on gotham aswell. Have been waiting a fair while for top gear to get hold of one to see how well it competes against the rest of the supercars. Quite suprised to see clarkson say he would take home the F40 instead of the enzo even though i really like the F40 aswell. Will anything beat the enzo`s lap time? Well this might

Koenigsegg CCR. They lapped the standard koenigsegg but this one is meant to be a fair bit faster.
              Last edited by Hodge; 01-11-2004, 12:48.

Comment

It's on again at 23:25 on BBC2 tonight.

Comment

Forced to watch this by my petrolhead mate...

All I could think of was Magical Sound Shower.

Comment

Originally posted by kona
                    It's on again at 23:25 on BBC2 tonight.
                    Cheers dude.

Comment

The Enzo did 1.19. The Radical SR3 did 1.14. Somewhat quicker. And yes it's road legal. Although it only has 40mm ground clearance, so not entirely useful over speed bumps. Not quite sure why they didn't show it on the TV show. It was in the magazine.

Comment

But the Radical isn't a Ferrari. It might go quick a little quicker, but I know which I'd prefer was sitting in my garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarkster
                          Im still a sucker for the XJ220 personally.

No, i cant see anything touching the enzo laptime, Especially considering the stig was prolly only giving it 95%, not wanting to put dents in a ?500k sportscar.
                          I live basically next door to...

Comment

HERE I've a;lways preferred the F50 myself

Im not a petrolhed so Im not too savvy on the specs. . . .

Comment

I dunno about "a little quicker" Marty, they were jizzing over the enzo going 0.8 seconds quicker. The Radical was 5 seconds quicker. I'd rather have the quicker one. If I could afford either, I'd obviously have both.

Comment

Working...
                              X