Can I Messiah my PS2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I Messiah my PS2?

Mine is a US SCPH -30001. Can it be done?

Snap!

I've discussed this with Saurian - it can be done, but it's a BITCH.

Comment

yes but check here to see which version it is http://www.brown-computers.com/ps2-versions.htm

as versions 1-3 especially are harder to mod than v4 upwards

Comment

Boy, do I feel stoopid. I always thought I'd got a V3, but it's really a V4!!!!

Is that good?

Comment

Yep, a lot easier to mod. I've got a v3

Comment

yes as i think it will be less harder to chip. mod chip installers dont seem to want to chip versions below v5 because the lasers have a chance of dying though, but mine is a version 4 with a messiah and works fine but i dont play copies on it thats probably why.

Comment

Bollocks!
              ft:

Comment

Language, Treble!

Comment

Originally posted by Treble
                  Bollocks!
                  ft:
                  treble it doesn't mean to say, yours will go like that cause mine is still working great. just dont play copies on it, its that what knackers ps2's up

Comment

I'll have to see what Saur reckons, as he's the poor bast who'd have the duty of fitting it...

Comment

Well, mine's a v4, and Saurian said he didn't want to chip it because he didn't want any chanc eof the laser dying prematurely. I can understand his stance though, I wouldn't want someting I had modded ending up going up the spout because of the laser not liking reading DVD-R's or summat.

I would imagine it's fine to chip it with a messiah as Wod has said, and only play originals if there is any worry about the laser issues.

another link if you want to find out what version machine you have is here....

psx-tech.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, psx-tech.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Good luck.

Comment

if sur or will2003 can't do it it can't be done.By any man walking gods green earth.

Comment

I asked Saur to chip my USA V4 PS2 a few months back. He wouldn't touch it. Suggest you get rid of your current PS2 on Ebay (got a good price for mine ) and get a pre-modded one from Saur.

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                            yes but check here to see which version it is http://www.brown-computers.com/ps2-versions.htm

as versions 1-3 especially are harder to mod than v4 upwards
                            It`s abit ironic really that the newer versions are easier to mod than the older ones. You thought sony would try making it harder for the mod fitters not easier

Comment

Treble, I can put you onto someone who can do this for you.

Drop me a pm if you would like his email address. btw he is a top trader. He's done a couple of soldering jobs for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X