Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are You Getting The Jap SC2?

Good day all,

Some of us are dying to get hold of the sequel to SC and will get the Jap version the first moment possible. Others shall give it a miss. Whereas others will definitely pick up the US version... some still will get both.

I personally am getting the Jap version without a doubt and most likely the US too. I was quite concerned though about just how much text there was going to be in the conquest mode. Good news is it seems all the menu screen options are in English, but the description is in Jap. Here are a few screens showing just what type of text to expect.

I hope this helps some of you a little and please say what version you are looking forward to.

Thanks for looking and please share-share alike.

Take care
    Adam
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

I thought I'd be able to wait for a western release for this game (in case the Weapon Master mode was text heavy) but the last few weeks, I have come to the conlusion that I won't be able to wait and will pick up the PS2 version on import then get a PAL version (probably X-Box) to experience the full story options that are available.

You don't have to worry about Conquest mode at all mate. There is little, if any need, for any Japanese understanding in this. To be honest, I'll be surprised if Conquest mode survives the transition to the home formats, as I am not sure how the concept would work (plus Conquest Mode sucks balls anyway). However, the Weapon Master and Original modes are likely to contain some degree of Japanese text, which may be a problem if the game throws up conditions for victory, similar to the DC version.

Edit - actually looking at those last few shots, it seems the Weapon Master mode is a substiute for Conquest. Seems to use the same ranking system.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
      I hope this helps some of you a little and please say what version you are looking forward to.
      Adam
      Whatever version those pics are from .

Comment

i'm gonna get the ntsc us version for either ps2 or gamecube

Comment

fkjseeeer - urghem !

Sorry I'm drooling on the keyboard

I'll be getting the X-box version as I'll want to do a bit of ass kicking with the soldier of hell himself

As I've got a UK system guess I'll have to wait for its PAL release ( though I am dying to play this game )

Comment

I wonder....what actual improvements over the DC version will there be? As 3d fighters go SC will take some beating. Will it take the VF and Tekken sequel route? Which is never quite living up to their siblings. As regards the question i'll be waiting for USA version.

Comment

Originally posted by killy
              Adam
              Whatever version those pics are from .
              heh. Sorry i didn't mean what 'version,' i meant what region... But if you look at the screens there are PS2 controller symbols. Therefore i assume these are from the PS2 version

But... please dont get side-tracked. We are talking about the Region here... not what console version

I wonder....what actual improvements over the DC version will there be? As 3d fighters go SC will take some beating. Will it take the VF and Tekken sequel route? Which is never quite living up to their siblings. As regards the question i'll be waiting for USA version.
              I think Namco have tried to stay as close to SC as possible. I think anyone expecting SC2 to be a ground backing revolution like SC was is in for a disappointment. It isn?t going to be the huge leap from Soul Blade to Soul Calibur, and I think most people know that and already expect this. What it is going to be is a superior form to SC, better graphics, moves, animations, arenas etc. This I am thankful for.

Of course this is only my opinion?.

Comment

Originally posted by acidforblood
                As Adam has said, don't go into SC2 expecting anything revolutionary. It's not.

It's simply the gameplay of SC to the power of two and is, in my opinion, the better game. However, I don't think that history will focus on it as much as the original, simply because SC1 was so revolutionary.

Comment

I was gonna get the JPN GC version but you say some matches throw up win conditions in Japanese? Bah!

Comment

I think Namco have tried to stay as close to SC as possible. I think anyone expecting SC2 to be a ground backing revolution like SC was is in for a disappointment. It isn’t going to be the huge leap from Soul Blade to Soul Calibur, and I think most people know that and already expect this. What it is going to be is a superior form to SC, better graphics, moves, animations, arenas etc. This I am thankful for.
                    But is this going to be enough to persuade punters to part with their hard earned? The fact that it's being released over multi platforms guarantees bigger sales than the DC opus but looking at screens i've seen the lack of innovation leaves a bitter taste.

Originally posted by C'
                    It's simply the gameplay of SC to the power of two and is, in my opinion, the better game. However, I don't think that history will focus on it as much as the original, simply because SC1 was so revolutionary.
                    In other words more of the same. Why is the fighter genre stagnant? Powerstone to me was a step forward but we've had nothing since. Are Namco looking at SC as though it's a cash cow? Just off the top of my head if the fighters in SC were able to disarm or steal their oponents weapon it would surely add to the gameplay, will this feature in the game? Or will it be better graphics....

Comment

I wasn't going to get it, but I know I'll crack when topics start popping up. So why fight it?

Comment

most of it should be ok, its just that conquest mode people might have probs with like i will

i've never really played games in jap. is the us release date a long way from the jap date ?

Comment

Well after every diffrent screen i see i get so excited by this game /me gives tokuda a sneaky pm :P

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                            most of it should be ok, its just that conquest mode people might have probs with like i will

i've never really played games in jap. is the us release date a long way from the jap date ?
                            It is out in August in the US, for me personally that is WAY too long without it. Hense the reason why i shall be getting both...

As for the conquest mode, this will be the mode where i explore mainly in the US version, but that doesn't mean i shall completely leave it out in the JAP. I shall see how i find it. Maybe even trying to make a game in its self to work out what u are supposed to be doing, could turn out being more fun....
                            I coped better then okay with the JAP Zelda, never once getting stuck because of the language, that has given me a further boost to get the JAP SC2.

Comment

I'm a bit behind with games at the moment, so I'll probably be getting the US one (No idea which format though...I imagine it'll be easier with an Xbox pad, and Spawn is fairly tempting :P )

Comment

Working...
                              X