Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which sound system/set up?

Lo guys,

Redecoratng the front room this month, and have decided to treat myself to a sound system. I've had a quick look around, but I find it all a bit confusing.

Can someone recommend some set ups please. I am looking at spending a few hundred quid.

Chow's the man for sound set ups.

Personally I've got a Samsung HTDM150 or something like that :P, does it's job for me, decent enough out put, DTS, 5.1 and Pro Logic 2 (covers all bases, movies, xbox, ps2 an cube ) which set me back about ?260, I'm sure someone on here will be able to find it for ?200 or something stupid, but ah well.

Mike

Comment

If you want something for Dolby Digital, then you could try a cheap AV amp and a surround speaker package. DD surround is meant to have speakers all the same size. However, if you want to listen to music too, then get a ?300 AV amp that scored well on stereo too and get some nice floorstanders, a centre speaker, amp, and surrounds (2 or 3).
      What's your budget?

Comment

I suppose I want the best of all worlds, but unfortuantely I only want to spend about 400-450.

Comment

The Sony HTK-25 is a VERY good system, supports DD/DTS/PL2 and sounds incredibly meaty. You can pick it up for about ?260 or so, also check out the review of it in last months edge!

Comment

Originally posted by SS004
            I suppose I want the best of all worlds, but unfortuantely I only want to spend about 400-450.
            Get one of the Sony all in one jobs, DVD and Amp.

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoseOfTheUnlight
              The Sony HTK-25 is a VERY good system
              Thinking about getting that one. Any other reviews you know of? Searched on Google and couldn't find anything.

Comment

i have a sony ta-ksl7 and its the mutts nuts

Comment

found that sony one for ?197 might have to buy one next month http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/default....uct&sku=106688

Comment

Originally posted by a_c_saunders
                    found that sony one for ?197 might have to buy one next month
                    Found that as well. A seriously good price. Anyone had dealings with www.unbeatable.co.uk Good company to deal with?

Comment

Originally posted by wager
                      Originally posted by a_c_saunders
                      found that sony one for ?197 might have to buy one next month
                      Found that as well. A seriously good price. Anyone had dealings with www.unbeatable.co.uk Good company to deal with?
                      I ordered some Sony EX70LP earphones off them last year. They were very slow in sending them to me, mostly becasue they didnt really get any orders for them as they are very rare and obscure (yet the best on the market (IMO). They were very fast in responding to my emails and despite the long lead time (2 weeks in my case) i would still reccomend them, and will use them again.

I spent weeks trying to find a shop that stocked those babies so its forgivable... even the sony centre didnt have any.

Comment

I got my Denon AVR 1603 from there ordered at 1pm got it the next day at 9 in the morning

Comment

Working...
                        X