5 way Argos Scart splitter... problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 way Argos Scart splitter... problems?

Just went out and got one of these today... connected my RGB stuff up to it and tested each one in turn. Chipped DVD player and RGB modded US N64 were fine through it. However seen to have some picture problems with my NTSC GC using one of Saurian's RGB cables.

Compared to plugging the cable direct into the TV, the Scart "blocked" picture is darker, has faint diagonal "distortion" lines across the screen and generally doesn't look quite as sharp as before. Any ideas? Is this the effects of degradation? Or something else...?
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Checked the SCART cable connecting the switcher and the TV? Try changing it. I'm not sure though, but my 3 way Argos one works fine.

Comment

the 5 way one has the lead built into it u he cant change that

Comment

Very true Wod... anyone else... Saurian even...?

Comment

I'm on my 2nd 5 way scart from argos. The 1st one didnt hold on switch channel 2, so you had to put the TV to AV2, otherwise it just flipped back and forth between the normal TV channel and the AV channel.
          The 2nd one seemed ok, until I tried my DC today. Again a problem with switch channel 2. Holds the signal ok now, but its got interferance lines running up the screen in time with the GDROM movements. It's fine through all the other switch input channels. Bizarre. I've decided to keep it cos it's cheap and the other 4 channels work ok.
          It looks like it's impossible for people to produce a cheap but decent scart block with more than 3 inputs ffs. If someone out there could make one with 10 inputs for ?50 that worked perfectly and didnt degrade the signal too much, I'd buy it straight away.
          Meanwhile, the 3 way scart block from Argos remains the weapon of choice.

Comment

You think I should return it, get the 3 way and a Scart connector cable for the money?

Comment

Would 2 3-ways work daisy chained without any signal degredation?

Comment

yeah as long as the scart leads connecting them were decent

Comment

Can I have the catologue number for the 3 way splitter? My ones a bit long in the tooth now. (7 years old)

Comment

Click this sentence please.

I found that by going to www.argos.co.uk, then:

Shopping > Sound and vision > Accessories > Leads, connectors and adaptors

Not too taxing eh?

Comment

I wish they had spent the money on 2 extra scarts instead of the phono inputs.

Comment

No, because it's handy have a single rca lead to the amp for all three inputs, rather than individual leads trailing to the amp.

2 of those linked up work a treat, if somewhat space consuming. Camps has 4 daisy chained, I believe.

I've seen 5 way blocks in GAME, I couldn't attest to their quality though.

Comment

Just bought the 3 way on Saturday, got my PS2, Xbox and DVD player running through it. All very nice indeed.

GOt a nice chunky OFC gold plated SCART to SCART to connect the box to the telly as well, so no signal loss

Definitely recommended

Comment

I have such a Scart connector for my DVD to TV... maybe I'll return the 5 way, get a 3 way and test out the GC using this cable to connect the splitter to the TV. And see if I get the same result. If not, I'll just have to buy an extra chunky gold plated doobrie Scart...

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                              No, because it's handy have a single rca lead to the amp for all three inputs, rather than individual leads trailing to the amp.
                              Ah for sure.
                              I use the outputs on the back of my TV to the amp. Same difference. ish.

Comment

Working...
                              X