Xmas TV: Crap? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas TV: Crap? :(

Christmas is time when I get to watch all the classic films, be it the Goonies or some 80's horror fest. This year though, there seems to be nothing, absolutely nothing good on tv, just stuff that should be on at another time of year.

Does anyone know if Gremlins 2 or Ghostbusters 2 are going to be on, I really want to watch them?

Is anyone else keeping the t.v off???

both gremlins movies have already been on.

Comment

Chrimbo TV has been **** for the past few years IMO

The Beeb rolled out Mousetrap today for what must be third year in a row.

The Disney Channel had Ghostbusters 2 on yesterday ( bit late I know )

Comment

I'm currently watching The Singing Detective on BBC 4 (for the first time), which is gob-smackingly stunning. So it's not all bad.

Comment

Star wars was on TV just now, the IRC commentary was hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
            When was no2 on?

Comment

Training Day with Denzel is on tonight on BBC, not sure what time (22.25pm). Decent Flick, No Adverts, Brill .

Comment

The Last Starfighter was on, and The Karate Kid. The film with the boob ship was on too, although not a very good film. The missus said both Gremlins were on and some older, classic films I can't remember the name of. One with that fit classic actress in, Audrey Hepburn (I think).

Comment

I'm a sucker for Sherlock Holmes adventures, so I enjoyed the new one BBC put on.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                    I'm currently watching The Singing Detective on BBC 4 (for the first time), which is gob-smackingly stunning. So it's not all bad.
                    BBC 4 doesn't broadcast during the day thou?

Comment

The Singing Detective is currently being showin during the evening.

It's also an example of how poor drama television is these days on ITV and BBC. I suppose it isn't fair to compare considering the series was always special in its own day regardless...

But damn, if you compare it to some of the generic ****e ITV regularly churns out in bulk, then it's quite clear what state British drama currently is in at the moment.

Comment

Last Starfighter is an all time fave, pretty much made my christmas.

Its been patchy, but ive enjoyed a lot, even the Ross Kemp scrooge take off.

Bill Murray Scrooged was missing imo.........well, any Bill Murray on terestrial wouldve been nice

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
                          Phoebe Cates

Only thing I've watched was Auf Weiders.... (can't spell it), last ever episode tonight.
                          RIP Bomber.

Comment

This Christmas was witness to a rarity.

NICOLA "Jailbait" STAPLETON appeared in that Casualty/Holby City two parter.

Nicola is the acting equivalent of Haley's Comet, appearing only very rarely once every few years and never seen to age.

Comment

Please tell me I haven't missed the Goonies, has it been on yet this xmas?

Any other classic films on t.v over the coming week, anything will do, horror, comedy, sci-fi etc...

Comment

Working...
                              X