Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Commando Appreciation Thread

Arnies finest moment, bar none.

This was such a groundbreaking film it's untrue. It paved the way for ALL action films to come. Featuring such great ideas:

1) Hunky semi-homosexual main character. In the first 10 minutes he sneaks up behind someone, pokes a "hard thing" in their back, wanders half-naked through the forest whilst feeding deer, and chops wood semi-nude. And he's called John Matrix XD

2) Fat full-homosexual main enemy. Bennett is the greatest nemesis known to man, in his chainmail vest and camp moustache. Apparently, Vernon Wells, actor who plays Bennett, likens Bennett to "Freddie Mercury gone fat".

3) Guns that never run out of ammo. EVER.

4) Doors that you can rip the handle off, then use said handle to pick your way through a nailed-shut doorway.

5) The best climactic fight EVER. Bennett and Matrix have the best fight known to cinema, concluding with the timeless "LET OFF SOME STEAM, BENNETT" quote.

However, Commando loses marks due to the lack of Arnie's trademark "EUOWWWW" shout he does in all films.

Links to amuse you, make sure you play the "Let off some steam, Bennett" flash game.

Commando -The 1985 Action / Adventure movie featuring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Rae Dawn Chong at the award winning 80s Movies Rewind. 8 pages of info, trailer, pictures and more.

USELESS FACT!

Commando 2 had a script written, and it turned into Die Hard, because Arnie wouldn't commit to another film. Shame.

However, Commando loses marks due to the lack of Arnie's trademark "EUOWWWW" shout he does in all films.
    No way!!! - It's NNNNnnnnYYYAAAAAUUURRR!!!!1 - If you want an Arnie impersonation contest I take no prisoners!!!

Comment

"I DON'T LIKE GIRLS, JOHN!!"

No kidding. Who ever thought Freddie Mercury in a chain-mail vest would be scary should have a pipe thrown him. Great picture

Commando pwns in its ludicrousness. A triumph of stupidity over common sense.

RAH!!!

Comment

Arnie never fails to crack me up!

Funny videos, fail videos, funny pictures, funny galleries, funny links, flash games, jokes, caption contests, photoshop contests

"Hooos yer daaadie? ......and wot dus hee doo!"

Comment

If I remember correctly it also has an incredicle self repairing car that gett battered to **** down the sides in a chase then is fixed good as new in the blink of an eye.

Comment

I love Commando. But then I also eat Green Berets for breakfast.

Comment

You know how is said i was going to kill you lahhhhst?
              Yeah thats what you said matrix
              I LIEEEEEED

Comment

Im amazed kids were allowed hair like that in the eighties, You have to feel sorry for Alyssa Milano.

Comment

everybody who has not read this really should do:

Comment

Is this teh legendary film when he blows up the barrels around the building on the outside, but it explodes from the inside?

Comment

I ain't gonna shot you between the eyes, John...

I'm gonna shoot you between the balls!

Comment

"Why don't they just call him 'Girl George', twould clear up all de confusion"

Comment

Arnie's confused by men in make-up - and not for the first (and least ignoble) time.

Why deny yourself the pleasure, Bennett?

Comment

What a film!
                            John Matrix jumping from a plane taking off and being unharmed = amazing
                            John Matrix questioning a dead person was also good

Comment

Originally posted by Loc
                              John Matrix jumping from a plane taking off and being unharmed = amazing
                              Even more of an achievement when you see the swamp he lands in only has about 3ft of water in it

Originally posted by Saurian
                              It's NNNNnnnnYYYAAAAAUUURRR!!!!
                              Its brilliant how he managed to get that `raurgh` into Total Recall

Fat Bald bloke :"You blabbed Quaid, you blabbed about Mars...."

Arnie : "I've never ever been to Maaaaayyyaaaauuuuurrrsssss !!!!"

Comment

Working...
                              X