Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tunes...

Hi there,

I was riding the subway yesterday, blisfully humming the Talon Overworld theme and wondering where else I could use the 'Spider Ball' rather than concentrating on the more important matters of the day. A woman sat across from me asked what I was whistling and I told her.
    "Well, I've never heard that - but it sounds pretty."
    "You should see the game," I replied.

This got me thinking, if you could have composed just one piece of music from any game in history. What would it be? It could be anything from a sprawling epic to one of the those little looping melodies that always accompanies the load slots in the Zelda games. Length is not an issue here.

I can think of dozens but choosing a favourite. That's another matter.

best wishes

Ive always loved the calm, relaxing music from Cosmo Canyon, which is in Final Fantasy 7 and is where you get to the hometown of Red XIII.

There is a midi (aka poor quality) of this which can be found here - COSMO CANYON MIDI

Comment

Mmm.. FFVII had so many wonderfully memorable pieces, I lost count eventually. One of those games where the music stands up in it's own right even when divorced from the visuals.

best wishes

Comment

Just so Rep doesn't think I'm losing my touch...

The Gregorian-type theme for Halo.

Comment

Just so Rep doesn't think I'm losing my touch...

The Gregorian-type theme for Halo.
          yes, another very good one.

best wishes

Comment

Pretty much anything from FFVII, but ones that stand out are the Cosmo Canyon theme, Cid Highwind's theme, Aeris's theme, and the end credits.

Oh yeah, also the Emerald Hill Zone theme from Sonic 2.

Comment

kick puch it's all in the mind
              if you wanna test me i'll think you'll find.

well you get the jest of it.

Comment

As you said, it's easy to think of dozens of favourites, but if I had to choose I'd probably say the Starfox theme tune. I'd follow that closely with the whole Total Annihilation soundtrack.

Comment

So many......

2 that spring to mind are:
                  The tune to the intro in Guardian Heroes and the Nights ending song.

Sure I am fogetting many a great tune though.

Comment

If I had to nail it down, it would be the theme that plays after you defeat the first form of Vagrant Story's end boss. The music really fits the scene quite well and gets accross what is a very sad part of the games story.

Not a very easy tune to hum though

Comment

The opening jingle to Ikaruga, where your ship blasts in is pretty cool.
                      The Guardian Heroes tune is also pretty good as someone mentioned. Epona's song in Zelda:OOT would have to be one of my faves.

Comment

The acapella arrangement of the Mario Bros theme, as used in the old-skool platforming levels (where you lose the waterpack) in Super Mario Sunshine - stunning.

Overworld theme from Zelda.

Comment

Any tune from Streets of Rage 2 and 3.

Comment

Mine would have to be the tune from the original Donkey Kong

You know, the one that goes

Do
                            Do do do do do
                            do do do do do do
                            do do do do do do
                            .........ad infinitum

Once you start, you can't stop

Comment

Secret of Mana - theres a giant skull & hands boss in the game somewhere and the tune to him was quality.

Panzer Dragoon Saga had many a fine melody, i especially like the run up to & boss music.

Metroid Prime's tunes where great, they felt sort of old skool game music. The beginning menu screen was entertaining.

My personal favorite tune is owned by Radiant Silvergun, Giga's opening theme and battle music was beautifully done.

Comment

Working...
                              X