Import Gamecube with Euro Power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Gamecube with Euro Power supply

I have oredered a US Gameube of ebay. I heard that Step down converter is not needed, beacuse euro power supply outputs the same voltage. Can anyone Confirm this? Is euro power supply all I need?

Come on... Some of you must have an import gamecube...

Comment

Yup that's right. Since the power supply is external (it's the black box in the middle of the power cord) and not in the console you can just swap it for a European one.

Comment

Have you tested it? I really don't want to risk my Gamecube...

Comment

Yup - I've tried this out when I had my friend's PAL GameCube at my house (ready to go on eBay).

Comment

One other question, Is N64's PAL powersuply compatible with the US Gamecube?

Comment

Originally posted by karpo_007
              One other question, Is N64's PAL powersuply compatible with the US Gamecube?
              Unfortunately not, the power connectors are different.

Comment

Ok, Thanks for the info. Do you know any place where I could buy euro power supply for gamecube?

Comment

Hmm, not sure. You could try Nintendo themselves:

Technical enquiries
                  Nintendo Service Centre
                  Codestorm House
                  Walton Road
                  Farlington
                  Hampshire
                  PO6 1TR
                  Telephone: 0870 6060 247 (Calls are charged at the National Rate to the caller)
                  Alternatively you could pick up a GC from Argos for ?80 with a game and a memcard and sell all the other bits off separately

Comment

Originally posted by karpo_007
                    Come on... Some of you must have an import gamecube...
                    Heh. You waited 1.5 hours before getting impatient, on a sunday morning when most people are still in bed. Chill. Next time try jumping into our irc channel #ntsc-uk for a quicker answer.

Comment

Well other topic about GC got answers... Well If I would have known about IRC channel I would have joined.

Comment

Working...
                      X