Best version of Ikaruga?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best version of Ikaruga?

I apologise if I have posted this in the wrong folder.

Which version of Ikaruga is the best to go for, the DC or GC?

Thanks in advance.

Game cube vers i'd go for.

Comment

Is the button placement still ok with the GC version?

Does Ikaruga use a similar weapon control to RSG, because if it does, I wonder if the GC version may be a little tricky?

Sorry about all the questions.

Comment

Nah... you just got 3 buttons... fire, swop colour and special weapon. That's it. Nothing the GC pad can't handle
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Gamecube version is the best version by far imo.

The game itself is identical of course, but you get a load of extras-

Conquest mode: Each level is split into small parts. You can practise the small parts which helps if you get stuck on a certain bit. Also you can watch a video of a player chaining each section, good if you cant figure it out yourself.

Net ranking: 1 credit, 3 lives, normal difficulty. Get a code for you high score. go to the ikaruga website, input the code, and your name and hi-score goes into a chart. See just how good some people are at this game

Chain counter: press z to toggle the chain counter on and off. I never noticed this in the DC version, but it may have been there. Helpful if you want to see how you are doing.

Comment

They are very similar, but the GC version has no problems with frame rates.

Whichever you go for you will not be dissapointed!

Comment

Interesting, I've not noticed any framerate issues with the DC version (artistic end-boss slowdown notwithstanding).

Kemps.. the DC version didn't need an option (Z) to turn on/off the Chain counter, as it was always present on the VMU.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                Interesting, I've not noticed any framerate issues with the DC version (artistic end-boss slowdown notwithstanding).
                There were only a few niggles that the game had. To be honest, hardly worth mentioning normally. But if you're looking for differences, the blunt precessing power of the GC prevents those small frame drops from occuring!

Comment

Thanks for all your replies

I think the GC version will be the one I go for.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu

Kemps.. the DC version didn't need an option (Z) to turn on/off the Chain counter, as it was always present on the VMU.
                    really? never noticed that. Thats not very practical really though, having to glance down at the VMU to check your chain would probably mean dying :/

tbh i dont play with the counter on anyway, for precisely this reason. I find it very distracting.

Comment

I suspect having to contort my finger to hit the Z button would also mean dying

Comment

Well you only have to press it once to toggle it on when you start your game. One good thing is you can also toggle it when you are watching the replays in conquest mode, so you have a score that you can try and beat. When i found out about it (on gamefaqs) my response was "yippee!! that is just what i need!". But I used it about twice, and all it does is distracts me ;/

Comment

Originally posted by KempStar
                          Well you only have to press it once to toggle it on when you start your game. One good thing is you can also toggle it when you are watching the replays in conquest mode, so you have a score that you can try and beat. When i found out about it (on gamefaqs) my response was "yippee!! that is just what i need!". But I used it about twice, and all it does is distracts me ;/
                          so there isn't much point in arguing which is better when all it does is distract you.

Comment

I love the Dreamcast version - simply because i can use the dreamcast arcade stick, which ownz.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyG
                              I love the Dreamcast version - simply because i can use the dreamcast arcade stick, which ownz.
                              This is the correct opinion to have.

Comment

Working...
                              X