Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prodigy - Welcome return to form (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prodigy - Welcome return to form (video)

Excellent new video for the Prodigy's Spitfire.

Yeah I saw this the other day and was well impressed... I thought the vid for Girls rocked as well, though...

I liked the "subliminal" skulls that flash over people's faces near the end of Spitfire...

Comment

Forced to pull out Flint and Maxim for the video due to poor sales?

Damn good though.

Comment

Good video, not sure if I like the song though and feel the quality of Prodigy's output has been in steady decline since 'Music for the Jilted Generation'.

Comment

The recent album was amazingly poor, it sounds like one song remixed several times. 'Girls' is the only decent track on there. 'You'll be Under My Wheels' would sound great if I hadn't already heard it a million times on those BMW adverts. 'Spitfire' is annoyingly poor. The lyrics are terrible. "If I were in World War II they'd call me Spitfire"??? Utter, utter bollocks.

Forced to pull out Flint and Maxim for the video due to poor sales?
          How true. It's funny that they both had nothing to do with the album, but as soon as the Prodigy (Liam, basically) are back in the public eye, they crawl out of the woodwork. Heh.

Comment

Whilst I agree most of the album is gubbins ('spesh the Gallagher track) The Way It Is rocks...

Comment

Originally posted by Pikman
              Good video, not sure if I like the song though and feel the quality of Prodigy's output has been in steady decline since 'Music for the Jilted Generation'.
              Whilst I agree that they haven't got back to the form they showed on Jilted I personally think AONO was a step in the right direction, the tracks performed live are fantastic. I saw them in December last year and after being a little indifferent to the latest album it does improve with age a lot. Its far better than Fat of the Land anyway.

Comment

Nu Prodigy = Flogging a dead horse tbh.

Comment

Don't be silly Ady. I think the Prodigy have travelled a great path along their career.

Experience - totally led the way in terms of old-skool ruffness and defined how an artist of that genre should produce.

Jilted - Well what can I say. Greatest album ever IMO. The Narcotic Suite - have a word with yourself - it's awesome!

Fat - This was in the Glastonbury 95 era and they basically produced a live kick-ass album with a couple of very good more laid back tracks - Narayan and Climbatise.

AONO - If you listen to this live or on a decently loud system you will appreciate it, then you can listen to it on your tinny headphones and realise the depth. Wake Up, Action Radar etc.

Jimbob

Comment

You don't need to tell me about the greatness of their previous works, but the newer stuff does leave me cold, sadly. :/

Comment

No matter how good the new stuff sounds live, it's still the same song remixed a dozen times, tbh.

Comment

Yes, we'd all like a new Jilted but wouldn't that be churning out the same stuff?

You can compare it to Chemical Bros, Basment Jaxx or Daft Punk.... they've all had to write NEW albums and a lot of people have disagreed with the direction their new material has taken but we'd all still be listening to old skool if things had stayed the same!

</me puts on Acen>

Comment

Far prefer the new Prodigy to the new Chemicals... yawnfest.

Comment

I seriously love the Electonic Battle Weapon 7 though.

clippy:

Comment

You can compare it to Chemical Bros, Basment Jaxx or Daft Punk
                              Yawn...to be honest 'dance' music has gotten really stale of late.

Comment

Working...
                              X