US PSO XBox Live Works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US PSO XBox Live Works!

I've just tried my new copy of US XBox PSO and it logs on to the server fine . I bought my Hunters licence (it charged me ?5.95) And I've just has my first game online. Characters only level 1 atm, so i need to level up, but it does work. I presume this is because the UK severs are going live soon, although everyone on there was American so it mut be routing to the US servers.

Anyway, IT WORKS!!!!!!

I should add I also downloaded an offline level no problem .

Comment

Good to know, might go order it from DVDBoxoffice now.

Comment

Cool, what is the voice comms like in the lobbies? Any 10 year olds running around screaming 'ANYONE GOT A LAVIS CANNON PLEEEEEZE?'

I imagine it will be perfect for Challenge mode. Are there many other players around?

Comment

I played online today for three hours straight with three Americans, one of the best PSO sessions I've ever had . The voice comms works great. There is a slight delay because I'm in the UK, like when you speak long distance on the phone, you tell a joke and someone will laugh a few seconds later.

All the people I've met so far have been great. Many are PSO veterans from the DC days. There's the great feeling of camaraderie again rather than the "Who's got Rares!" stuff that spoiled the latter DC days.

Many people still use symbol chat and the keyboard options are still available for those that want them.

Although the servers are US only which goes against the bringing down of world barriers, it is nice to play with people who all speak the same language. The voice chat makes this more important. Personally, I'm glad I'm connected to the American servers rather than the European ones, else I might have loads of strange foreign languages coming into me earpiece (and my strange voice into theirs).

There was a hilarious point today when I asked one of the guys if he could turn off the voice masking because it sounded very high pitched. It turns out it was his proper voice . The scores of laughter could be heard across the Atlantic without the need for XBox live .

Comment

I received a very interesting email today:

Welcome to Phantasy Star Online Hunters License for XboxLive?!

Your Premium Service was activated on 09 May 2003. It will continue until such time as you cancel it.

The first 2 months are a free trial period; if you cancel your subscription during the first 2 months of the service, there will be no charge to your account. Please refer to the Terms of Use at http://www.xbox.com/uk/live for our full policy on cancellations and refunds. After the first 2 months of the service, regular charges to your account will begin.

Your account will be charged UK - ?Charge 0.00, VAT Included, Monthly.

Prices are subject to change. If there is a change in the service fee, you will be notified by e-mail at least 30 days in advance.

If you have a question about your billing, or if you need help with your Xbox Live service, please contact us. You will find contact information for your area in the Xbox Live Terms of Use at http://www.xbox.com/uk/live, or you can call Xbox Live Support at the following telephone number: 0800 587 1102.

Once again, welcome to Xbox Live.

Xbox Live Customer Service

Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited,
            Atrium Building Block B,
            Carmenhall Road,
            Sandyford Industrial Estate,
            Dublin 18, Ireland
            Very interesting, the Hunters licence has obviously come from the European side, but the charge says it's nil . A good thing if it remains so, but a bad thing if they close my account because of it.

Comment

time to order mine - be chatting to you (and stealing all the rares) online soon

camps

Comment

Quick question.

I'm gonna be picking this up on the 23rd of this month (which i believe to be the UK release date?) and was wondering how the Hunters Licence is billed.

From reading this thread i'm guessing that its billed automatically through your XBox Live account...is that right? Or do you have to set up the Direct Debit for the Licence seperately?

Comment

Just one question for you Brats,

When you set up your XBOX Live account and you come to choose your billing region what did you chose?

I'm assuming you chose UK, even though you have US kit?

I thought PSO didn't work in the UK, something to do with the billing address?

Any info you can give me would be great, I loved PSO on the DC and would be keen to get this one if I can get it working!

Cheers

Friction

Comment

Originally posted by vic_viper
                    I'm gonna be picking this up on the 23rd of this month (which i believe to be the UK release date?) and was wondering how the Hunters Licence is billed.

From reading this thread i'm guessing that its billed automatically through your XBox Live account...is that right? Or do you have to set up the Direct Debit for the Licence seperately?
                    Yes, the hunter's licence is billed to the same credit card that you completed the XBox Live details with. It doesn't ask you for any details, just that you agree to go ahead. The first two months are free anyway.

Originally posted by Friction
                    When you set up your XBOX Live account and you come to choose your billing region what did you chose?

I'm assuming you chose UK, even though you have US kit?

I thought PSO didn't work in the UK, something to do with the billing address?

Any info you can give me would be great, I loved PSO on the DC and would be keen to get this one if I can get it working!
                    Again, you're quite right, my billing address and credit card details are my proper address in the UK.

I originally ordered the game and then canceled it when I found out people couldn't run a US copy of PSO without buying another Live kit and registering it with a US address. However, my cancellation was bodged and I was sent the game anyway. It sat on my desk for a few days and I popped it in the machine on Friday. I thought I would test the online mode, expecting an error message to appear, it worked fine.

I can only assume that because the UK game is released in less than a week that the UK billing stuff has now been sorted out. This means that when I purchased my Hunter's Licence, it looked at my billing region (UK) and let me purchase a UK licence. However, because I have a US XBox and a US copy of the game, it connects me to the US servers.

I look forward to seeing more of you online .

Comment

Working...
                    X