Pathetic in-game 'jokes' which give you a sore head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathetic in-game 'jokes' which give you a sore head

this one has been on my mind for an age now.

designers using the cheapest 'jokes' possible, the one which still grates me is:

southpark n64, on the options screen you were given a choice of control style, the options were: 'brown-eye' and 'too-rock'. which i imagine are humourous takes on goldeneye and turok in the minds of the developers.

its still on my chest, and i had to purge the bile....

any others?

Duke Nukem 3D (yeah yeah yeah), upon seeing a sprite of Doom dying in a secret room he says:

Thats one Doomed space marine

Or when he sees terminator dead he says:

Terminated

oh how amazingly witty and there are many many more im sure your aware of

Norris

Comment

Monkey Island 4 - the whole game.

But especially when you talk to the cap'n about his family

-"So Mr Cheese, tell me more about your family!"
      -"There was my uncle, whoi stayed completely neutral in any conflict!"
      -"What was his name?"
      -"Swiss Cheese!"

Comment

Serious Sam when you walk into a dark underground corridor and a boulder rolls after, Sam starts whistling the Indiana Jones tune.

Comment

The whole of Starfox Adventures on the cube. I'm sure there is a reason or joke behind the stupid accents of all the characters but I can't fathom it. They are just stupid. Like the game really.

Comment

The whole releasing of Starfox Adventures.

There must have been a joke behind that whole game. Why esle would you release it? The Christmas Line up can't be that bad?

Comment

hmmm

Starfox Adventures is not as bad game as Edge attempted to pain it. While its no where near perfect, it is enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by daddy cool
                hmmm

Starfox Adventures is not as bad game as Edge attempted to pain it. While its no where near perfect, it is enjoyable.
                I hope that is not an attempt to tar me as an EDGE fanboy. I personally found Starfox Adventures to be a dull tedious monotonous adventure. But that is my two cents.

I'd certainly expect more from a highly astablished developer as Rare and more from Nintendo's Official Seal of Approval!

Comment

it is enjoyable
                  Enjoyable! it's like a piss poor version of Zelda OOT/MM/WW in my opinion, small things like not targeting enemies that fly in the air is just stupid. It feels like yr stuck on rails n theres no chance to explore, the part that i was most looking forward to, flying the Star Fox aircraft is in it every 5 hrs and for about a minute. I'll admit i have not completed it, and nor has my mate that also owns it, but we all know why. It's not the worst game in the world, but i'm sure if they had given it more time they cud have made it better.

Comment

The best in joke in a game ever must be the only death scene in Monkey island, where the player leaves Guybrush underwater for ten minutes and the SCUMM inventory changes to "Bob", "Decompose" and "Rot Away".

People who have played the game will know what I mean .

Comment

Shadow Warrior on the PC was full of bad puns:

Walking in to a toilet - "Man stood on toilet is high on pot"

Upon seeing a anime styled version of Lara Croft chained up in a cavern - "Haha! You've raided your last tomb!"

When talking to an NPC - "pull my finger"

Comment

The puns in Animal Crossing begin to grate after about...three seconds: "You caught a Sea Bass, see? bass."

Comment

I noticed a really bad reference to an absolutely awful pop tune in Final Fantasy X.

Just before you leave Guadosalam Tidus informs everyone that Seymour has gone to "Macarena Temple". Wakka then corrects him, saying "Macalania Temple!". Tidus's response is "AYE!", much akin to the "aye!" in the actual Macarena song.

Maybe its just me seeing things that arent meant to be there again.

Comment

ZOE 2 Anubis - the whole game is full of Gradius references.

Sound effects, weapons, names, even the game itself :-P

Comment

Monkey Island 3 - Options Screen.

"Enable 3D Acceleration" tick-box.

Did anyone actually fall for that one and wonder why it was ghosted out?

Comment

Working...
                              X