Mark Of Kri Impressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark Of Kri Impressions

So far a couple of levels in the game is good with occassional moments of greatness. These usually applies to some really frenetic battling where you are pushed to win against many enemies.

The initial levels don't offer much of a tactical challenge, and I can't see how Primal can be any more handholding or linear than this game ( as has been mooted).

My main feeling with this game so far is that it really should inspire passion and involvement to complement the bloodthirsty nature of the game. Shame it's all a bit polite. The cutscenes and art are exemplary but you just don't get into the digital skin of the main character. He doesn't have much personality bar a few bellows and shouts and this coupled with some music that is more ambient rather than driving IMO holds the game back from what it could be.

Controlling the bird-scout familiar is good fun, but would have been much improved if it offered a greater first person flight control which would have expanded the gameplay a bit and not made it so linear.

Does it get more involving later on?

Think I'll pick this one up after I'm done with Ape Escape 2.

Be sure to check out our Kri review:

Although I've just noticed that someone has put Mask of Kri rather than Mark...in the URL

Comment

I rented this - got as far as the snow-fortress - had a pretty good time really.

It was feeling a bit linear tho - you can only land your 'spirit guide' where the game allows - which is a BIG HINT in reality - and multi-enemy combat felt rather 'random' at times frankly...

Some nice ideas (I love the 'disarm' move) but a bit more work on the movement (too easy to walk into things) and camera (prone to wander too much and/or show you your bald-patch!!) would have paid dividends.

It had a bit of 'MGS-style' feel - in that it's more a series of set-pieces than a 'flowing game' - but it's definately worth a look/rental/GAME extended loan

TTFN

JP

Comment

the stealth missions put this game onto the path of greatness - worked remarkably well considering the genre (hack and slash'er).

quite enjoyed the mix and match combo system using the right analogue stick - if this genre is going to continue then this is the way to do it

like someone has said, the spirit guide was weak - to me it just seemed like a 'bolted on' selling point for the game which the game didn't really need since its captured the spirit of the genre perfectly well

all in all Mark of Kri was one of my fav ps2 games from last year - and one which will always be fondly remembered alongside Ico

camps

Comment

Working...
        X