Family Guy appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Guy appreciation thread

What a series - mentioned elsewhere on here - but it is so funny - let's share the lurve.

I personally think Quagmire is the best character on there - no wonder it is rated 15 certificate - here are some quotes:

Peter: If you could be stranded on a desert island with any woman in the world, who would it be?
    Quagmire: Taylor Hanson.
    Joe Swanson: Taylor Hanson is a guy.
    Quagmire: [Laughs] You guys are yankin' me. "Hey, let's put one over on Quagmire."
    Peter: No, he's actually a guy, Quagmire.
    Quagmire: What? That's insane. That's impossible.
    [Pause]
    Quagmire: Oh god. Oh my god. I've got all these magazines. Oh god.

On finding a tied up cheerleader: Dear Diary, Jackpot!

Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time.

Quagmire is talking to a woman from New York]
    Glen Quagmire: Hey there little lady. Why don't you turn around and show me your Lower East Side.
    Woman (in deep voice): Sure.
    Glen Quagmire: Whoa. Transvestite, back off. Wait a minute... pre-op or post-op?
    Woman: Pre-op.
    Glen Quagmire: Whoa. Transvestite, back off.

(Quagmire to Asian reporter Trisha Takanawa)
    "I've never had a Spanish chick before...Ole."

Auctioner: Our first item is a pair of panties confiscated from a prostitute.
    Quagmire: Fifty bucks.
    Auctioner: She had nine STDs.
    Quagmire: Forty-five bucks.
    Auctioner: And when we caught her she wet herself.
    Quagmire: Fifty bucks.

Wait, hold the phone, you took me away from a Swedish girly girl and her paralyzed but trusting cousin for this?

(Sitting on his couch with a woman having drinks; a large red-tipped missile crashes through the ceiling - he points at it) To answer your question, something like that.

Alllll Right.

Giggidy giggidy giggidy!

huge fan of family guy and i'm glad fox are doing another season

loads of favorites

when peter becomes death but i loved anna and the king

excellent show

Comment

MAY 1st MAY 1st!!!!

I can't wait! I am going to have to aquire a recordings of the new episodes from america.

Stewie or Peter is my favourite character and there are so many good quotes it would be disrespectful if I missed any out so I won't bother

Comment

I love Family Guy

OK, so it's not going to win any awards for looking good (quite the opposite), but it doesn't matter at all because all the emphasis has gone into the dialogue. Peter Griffin's ten times the funny stupid man Homer Simpson could ever be.

"You're fired."
        "Aw geez, for how long?"

"You, sir, are a fasteezio! See. I can make up big words too."

Lois: "You have to bond with Chris" (or something like that)
        Peter: "Bond? JAMES Bond!"

Comment

I'm still of the opinion that it's only okay. It's obviously ferociously anti-PC and lowbrow, but that gets incredibly repetitive. The Simpsons can be witty and discreetly allusive AND lowbrow/slapstick etc.

Family Guy certainly is never the former. I enjoy it in small doses but I can't watch more than a couple of episodes on the trot without getting bored. I can watch The Simpsons or Futurama or King of the Hill all night, tho.

Stewie is obviously a god, tho.

And I loved the "My Hairy Aunt" thing on Wheel of Fortune.

Comment

the news reporters tom and diane crack me up. One of my fav episodes has to be the one in which the Y2K bug wipes out civilization, pisses on the simpsons attempt on the same theme.

Comment

Anyone watched american dad yet?

Comment

Saw some trailers and stuff for American Dad, looked quite interesting... if that doesn't de-comdeyify the concept.

As for Family Guy, I really enjoy its persistant anarchism but sometimes there are 1 too many American references that I'll never understand... An entire episode was based around a TV series I'd ever heard of, not that it hung the ep, just that maybe it would've been more funnyerer with a different reference.

Comment

This thread is gonna be huge - it's amazing how much recognition Family Guy has gotten over the past couple of years, especially in the UK.

This is just a plain awesome show which I believe, along with Futurama, wipes the floor with the Simpsons. [just my opinion before I get slated ]

Comment

Originally posted by Zanza
                    Anyone watched american dad yet?
                    I've seen the first episode of American Dad - I'd say its quite a lot similar to Family Guy in the way that each character has their own quirk (talking German goldfish, resident alien in the house who doesnt want to go back to Area 51 etc). It's funny, but I believe it will take time for it to get to the same constant high-level of humour that Family Guy has. That't to be expected though.

Comment

Before this turns into a Simpsons vs Family Guy thread, just to add that I also adore the Simpsons - one of the finest ever tv shows - so this thread is intended for those of us that also appreciate Seth's subversive, sick-ass animation.

Aaaaallllllllllllll right.

Comment

The Simpsons jumped the shark long ago if you ask me. The over-reliance on celebrity voices is sort of pathetic... the episode where they went to England for example, "Look! It's Prime Minister Tony Blair!" "Look! It's Sir Ian McKellen!" "Look! It's JK Rowling! She is the author of the Harry Potter books!" I mean give it a break...

Comment

Conversely, how many Nazi/Jew jokes does Family Guy need?

An easy foray into bad taste? YEP!

Comment

Did it have that many?

I do remember reading about some "Heil!" chanting that's not on the Region 1 set.

Comment

Hitler getting jealous of Jewish bodybuilder who gets all the girls in the gym? Check.

Hitler the bratwurst vendor invading the neighbouring Polish sausage stall at the fayre? Check.

Stewie fantasising about the crowds "heiling" him? Check.

Comment

Working...
                              X