Bomberman Generation Gamecube query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bomberman Generation Gamecube query

Looking into buying this game does it still have the old fashioned multiplayer mode from the pc-engine days. Just interested in getting it for the multiplayer action and remembering the good old days playing multiplayer

Indeed it does. A fantastic old style Multiplayer game that anyone can pick up and enjoy on their first attempt. There are numerous other battle modes to play around with too.

To learn everything you wish to know, i advise reading the Ntsc-uk review. clicky
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Thanks adam, time to mke use of the extra ports on the GC!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ps2user
        Looking into buying this game does it still have the old fashioned multiplayer mode from the pc-engine days. Just interested in getting it for the multiplayer action and remembering the good old days playing multiplayer
        If you're after the multiplayer aspect then skip this and get Saturn Bomberman.

Comment

Although finding 16 saturn pads is nearlt imposible

Comment

only reason to buy this game is the multiplayer side of things, the gamecube single player game is very weak!!!

Comment

To be honest I really enjoyed the single player, although I can see what people mean when they say it's repetitive.

The multiplayer is something I'll probably never experience as any of my friends won't wanna play the same games I do. GameCube games are just for "nancy boys" remember

Comment

Anyone got the JPN version? Any language barriers?

Comment

I have the USA. FOr the single player, there will be a mild language barrier. You get these things named Charabombs that give your character new abilities, it might be quite annoying trying to guess what each one did - although a FAQ could help you there.

The rest of the time, the only speech in the English version is crap like "place a bomb on the switch!" and "use an ice bomb to freeze it!"

Comment

unless ur desperate for the cube version, as Sidez says, ur better off with Saturn version, or any other version for that matter imo (bar N64 ones) as for me, GameCube Bomberman has been the weakest multiplayer bomberman yet, Bomberman Online included.

Comment

i don't have a saturn and i think 16 pads is a bit excessive, wouldn't it be a bit crowded onscreen. Anyway if i was going to go back to retro i think i buy the engine again and especially splatter house and gunhed!! Think i just get the cube version as long as it have the multiplayer bit and its dead cheap at the mo

Not too sure buy what you mean by weakest multiplayer is the cube version, when i will be happy with just multiplayer like the PC engine version not too fancy and simple

Comment

1. It's 10 players
                        2. Who says you need 16 pads for a simple 4 players game?! If more than 5 players are present the screen zooms out (so that the arena size is effectively quadrupled) and is perfectly viewable
                        3. Bomberman Generations is ****

Comment

Snowman mentioned 16 pads so i just presumed 16 players

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
                            Anyone got the JPN version? Any language barriers?
                            Yep, and yep a bit. All the menus are in Japanese, so you'll have to put up with trial and error to figure out the multi player options.

Also, Japanese text in the single player game probably knackers it, although I haven't played that at all. Am I right in thinking you have to complete single player missions to unlock extra multi player options? If so I would get an English language version if I were you; got my Japanese version cheap.

Don't listen to Sidez, Bomberman Generation has a cracking version of good old multiplayer Bomberman. The Saturn version does have the edge, but Generation is still good fun.

GCN Bomberman is certainly better than the DC version, and that wasn't bad.

Comment

The GC version is ok. Don't know what they are all complaining about. Getting a Saturn + game + pads in good condition will cost far more than the cost of the GC game.
                              Lyris: Get new friends.

Comment

Working...
                              X