Xbox RGB problems with two towers game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox RGB problems with two towers game

hi , i have a modded xbox , and i am trying to play lotr:two towers , however , when i first tried to play it with the normal xbox cable the picture was black and white , i was then told an rgb cable would sort the problem , i just bought a 'game' own brand rgb cable , and now when i try to play the game it is green screen !!

is there anything i can do to fix this ? should i have got an official rgb cable ? if it's any help , when i switch my xbox to ntsc mode it dispalys the dashboard fine in full colour. Manual for the telly says it has 1 rgb scart socket , and i plugged the lead in that one ?!?!

can anyone shed any light on this problem ? is it just the wrong game to try this with ?

thanks for any help or advice

If the game is PAL switch your Xbox to PAL mode. (if ntsc then ntsc)

Generally if the dashboard looks fine then the game should also, however some games do refuse to run under the wrong video settings.
    Last edited by yashiro; 22-12-2004, 09:53.

Comment

PAL LOTR:TTT refuses to load if your dash is set to NTSC - had my mate stumped for a while. I'd assume the NTSC version does it in the opposite direction, too.

Comment

The EA LOTR games on Xbox don't seem to like alternate video modes to what it says on the game box. The PAL copy of LOTR: ROTK also freezes at the EA logo when the Xbox is set to NTSC mode.

Comment

if the console is set to NTSC, it can't handle anything that is 50hz only

i.e EA's old turd

so switch it to pal and enable 60hz and you can play everything fine

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
            switch it to pal and enable 60hz and you can play everything fine
            Not true. Some JP Xbox games don't work properly in PAL 60 (for example Magatama which runs all its cut-scenes all screwed up with wrong speed and out-of-synch audio). Best to keep it switched to true NTSC setting except for the few games that need PAL50 (Halo 1) or PAL50/60 (LOTR)

Comment

sure the game isn't just crap? :P , pal60 and NTSC run exactly the same apart from the way the colours are displayed, how odd.

Comment

it is odd, but that's the way it is. it is probably coded in a way that doesn't account for PAL60 existing.

Comment

Working...
                X