Cricket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cricket Thread

Don't know if any other Cricket fans here, but 2 hours in and the Aussies are reeling, 97 for 5, one was hit with second ball of the day, blood and everything.

BBC, Sport, BBC Sport, bbc.co.uk, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Last edited by VR46; 16-11-2005, 08:47.

Blimey - That is an impressive start - Especially at Lords

Comment

Its a good start from England for sure. 145-6 now.

Comment

I am a massive fan of the cricket, and play it myself. Am gutted that I am at work and not at Lords or in front of the telly in my garage with a crisp bottle of lager.

England are doing alright - but don't forget a few years back we had the Aussies something stupid like 80 for 8 on the opening day of the first test at Edgbaston - everyone was saying England were going to piss the Ashes - then they came back and won the test on the Sunday. Still - must have nice seeing Harmy batter Hayden - look forward to the highlights!

Comment

9 down now

Originally posted by seany1979
          but don't forget a few years back we had the Aussies something stupid like 80 for 8 on the opening day of the first test at Edgbaston - everyone was saying England were going to piss the Ashes - then they came back and won the test on the Sunday.
          I remember that game. We actually won that one, but then got thrashed in the next few matches. They were 54-8 at one stage and I couldn't believe it was really happening at the time. Today reminds me of that day, except this England team is far tougher to beat.

Comment

Well yes, obviosuly this good start means nothing without our innings in reply. THe wicket maybe an incredibly poor batting surface - The fact that Australia won the toss and decided to bat, seem to suggest that they felt it was as good as it was going to get. Don't be surprised to see England post around 250* for a first innings total - Its more or lessover for Australias first innings now - 179-9.

*Hopefully it will be nearer 500 - But I have seen too many collapses.

Comment

I think we're doing a fine job, 190 all out
              Last edited by Jebus; 21-07-2005, 13:41.

Comment

190 all out - Superb bowling. That's restricted Australia to a poor One day score, let alone a test match innings - Lets see what our lads can do from here.

Comment

I'm astounded. Can't watch it as I'm at work, but hearing the updates on the radio I'm staggered at the score and the quick fall of wickets. Might pop to the bookies and put a fiver on Australia.... just in case they're lulling us into a false sense of security.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteBrant
                    Don't be surprised to see England post around 250 for a first innings total.
                    The way things are going we'll be lucky to make that! 18-2 at the moment

Comment

nuts. make that 18-3 now.

Comment

We need Pieterson to do his stuff and give the middle order a fighting chance - 100-3 at the close of play would do nicely.

Comment

This is looking very bad isn't it...

...and it just got worse, Flintoff out now too.

21-5!
                          Last edited by Jebus; 21-07-2005, 15:21.

Comment

yep all seems to have gone tits up, should have seen the sign when Aussies scored so lowly

Comment

We need Pieterson to do his stuff and give the middle order a fighting chance - 100-5 at the close of play would do nicely.

Comment

Working...
                              X