1000 game heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 game heroes

Just got this book wow, wow, wow. 608 glossy pages and every one cramed to the brim with pics. A miyamoto interview in 3 diffrent languages. From nights, rez and ico to virtua cop , virtua on and so much more.
    if you like your game pics i would strongly suggest you invest in this.
    + does any one else have this and do they like it also?

Never heard of it actually. Where did you get it from mate? may have to pick this up

Comment

This looks like the one:

1000 Game Heroes

Comment

Shame it goes the cheap and obvious route by sticking Lara Croft on the cover when (from snow's description) there are tons more creative and charismatic characters contained within.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          Shame it goes the cheap and obvious route by sticking Lara Croft on the cover when (from snow's description) there are tons more creative and charismatic characters contained within.
          quite i wan't gonna buy it cause she was on the front cover.But then i spent a few minutes browsing through it and discovered it i was little jem or big jem of a book.
          Any way for thoose intrested here is the isbn:3-8228-1633-7

Comment

The other half got it for me last christmas and I love it. Taschen do some great books (if you like arty stuff).
            I think they did another one which was all handhelds.

Anybody else got any good gaming books ?

Comment

another good gaming book is trigger happy written by steven pool.Who now writes for edge.I read that book like 5 times,steven pool speaks alot sence.

Comment

Ohh, nice. I need to get Tigger Happy. But this sounds interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Yeah I was put off by the cover too, but there's some great stuff between the covers, and some not-so-great stuff. Overall not bad.

As for books. Yeah Tigger Happy is ok, found it a little bit too smarty-pants at times (Poole tries to use a French saying on every page). There's other half decent books, the Game On book, Arcade Fever, but the best one I've read so far has to be Steven Kents Ultimate Guide to Video Games. This book has EVERYTHING you need to know about video gaming history.

Comment

1000 Game Heroes is good, but there's some really odd choices in there. No Bomberman? DoA getting into two different sections? And wtf is Druna?

Comment

Mrs Mechamonkey bought it me for valentines , gord bless.

Great book but does have some very perculiar choices, but then again it's only the authors choice, I'm sure everyone on the forum would have a different set given chance.

Comment

The problem with Steven Kent's book is that it is very US centric and it rushes the last generation and the beginnings of the current one.

I would recommend Steven Poole's Trigger Happy, also Game Over by David Scheiff for the history on Nintendo and Revolutionaries at Sony for the inside track on the genesis on the PSOne.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Laslett
                          Revolutionaries at Sony for the inside track on the genesis on the PSOne.
                          reading it at the moment actually, superb isn't it? really makes you realise just how revolutionary the PSone was - in every way.

Comment

I thought Trigger Happy was bloody awful.

Comment

Why was Trigger HAppy 'Awful'? Would you care to expand?

Comment

Working...
                              X