Some quezzies about your Retro collection ownage ^^

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some quezzies about your Retro collection ownage ^^

In the interest of starting some cosy little retro debating (it always gives me a warn and fuzzy feeling ), here's some basic questions. Let's see where it takes us, yeah?

1. Which retro consoles (Pre 32-bit) do you own? (Don't need to list them all if you have loads, just the stand-outs).
    2. Do you still play on them?
    3. Do you scan eBay regularly for retro gear?
    4. What's the most you've spent on a retro game or hardware?
    5. Have you bought anything retro in the last few days? If so, what is it? Was it from a boot sale?

1. Well, although it's a grey area in terms of retro (new, official game sare released for it), my AES is the crown jewel in my collection. No other machine fills me with such joy in its use, and is nothing less than fun
    My mates adore Metal Slug 3, and I have got them into other titles because of it. Yay me, eh? ^_^

2. See above! All the time. I play my PC Engine a lot, too, and have recently picked up my MD a lot more again.

3. Not so much. I get a lot through Tokuda, as I trust him, i can be specific, and you are more sure of mintyness etc.

4. Not a lot, really, unless you include the AES. My PCE was only ?50, and the games are around ?10-?15. I am not really after anything particularly rare that's retro (unless we include the Saturn era, which i'm not in this thread, or - again - AES games), so it's a cheap and interesting area for me to dabble in.

5. Nope, been too busy in the last week or so, but I have always got my eye out

What about you lot? It'd be cool to hear from both the NTSC-ukers of old and the new Edge lot ^_^ Also, take a lookie here:
    http://ntsc-uk.domino.org/viewtopic.php?p=6435#6435

1)Atari, NES, Mastersystem and all the normal 16 bit ones. I also have an AES which I .

2) I play on nearly all of them, apart from the Atari which is now dead.

3)I do scan ebay, but the prices have increased so much recently I have tended to get stuff off the forums at a more realistic price, and the condition of the game is normally better

4)Apart from my AES games the most I spent on a retro game (i.e. a game I bought when it was old) would be Alien Soldeir for ?40. I bought a 32x for ?65 last year as well.

5)I don't do boot sales. Far too early . Alien Soldier arrived last week which was the most recent retro game.

Comment

Whose dumb idea was it to fill the General Discussion forum with retro discussion anyway

Anyway to answer your questions:

1. The only things remotely retro that I own are an original brick GameBoy (which never gets used due to GBA) and an Amiga 1200 in the attic somewhere (again never seen light since 1998). The thing I regret the most in my gaming lifetime is selling my MegaDrive and SNES. The need to move onto the 'Next Generation' hardware forced me to play my hand and sell the machines to be able to get into the Playstation era right at the very beginning, but not a day goes by that I don't miss the likes of Super Metroid, Turtles in Time, F-Zero, the original (and best) Super Mario Kart etc. Emulation just isn't the same.

2. Of the 2 things I own, neither ever get used.

3. I actually do regularly scan Ebay tempting myself with machines such as the SNES, Mega Drive, Saturn, Neo Geo (the machine that I wanted 10 years ago but couldn't afford, can now afford but won't buy ). Think once I eventually take the plunge and move into my own place, all of these retro consoles and game collections will take pride of place.

Comment

1. Which retro consoles (Pre 32-bit) do you own?
        A SNES and a Megadrive.

Sometimes, but not that often.

Yes. But but the prices are a little higher, depending if the item is rare or not.

Spent ?30 with the SNES (console+ two joypads + 3 games + (all cables needed of course) ) which is ?20 +/-

5. Have you bought anything retro in the last few days? If so, what is it? Was it from a boot sale?
        Not really.

Comment

1. Which retro consoles (Pre 32-bit) do you own? (Don't need to list them all if you have loads, just the stand-outs).

- Megadrive & Snes

Yep

Too right

?40 for Terranigma Snes

F-Zero Snes - not froma boot sale. Last week bought Jpn Super Marioworld - mint condition

Comment

snes,master system,megadrive,nes,

yes

no ebay sucks

errrrrr 15.00 on a snes

5. Have you bought anything retro in the last few days? If so, what is it?
            Was it from a boot sale?

yes i bought leamings for the md

Comment

Sega Megadrive, Sega Master System, Sega Nomad, Sega CD, SNK Neo Geo CD are the most important to me.

Every day

Yep. Neo CD games are hard to find anywhere else

not sure, i always scout around so i can find some bargains.... most expensive game that comes to mind is ?22 for the Art Of Fighting 3 Deluxe Box Set for the Neo CD.

Yeah, 4 Neo Geo Cd Games, Phantasy Star IV for the Mega Drive (from Snowman ) .

Comment

I have a persistent Snes fetish...

Yes i use Ebay/forums a lot

?30 on Shadowrun

This week i've bought Super Aleste and Alien 3 and Unirally.

The weather has killed off any carboot sales in my area and typically this weekend was gorgeous and i had to work but never mind.

Comment

1) SNES, NGPC, C64, Vic20, Vectrex, Atari 2600 and 7800

2) Of course

3) Yes

4) ?550 for complete Atari 2600 Quadrun (only 10,000 made, probably only a few hundred left complete, highly sort after)

5) Yes, a C64 cart and a few Vic20 carts. Boot sales are practically retro free in my area.
                  Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Megadrive, Mega Cd, getting a snes soon

play on the megadrive regularly, rarely ever on mega cd but thats cos i only have **** games for it

yeah and buy the odd thing

well when it was brand new out Streets of Rage 3 cost me ?53 but since it became "old" ?27 on a JAP Gunstar Heroes 100% mint

5. Have you bought anything retro in the last few days? If so, what is it? Was it from a boot sale? not bought anything retro that recently unless u count neo geo pocket color which i got metal slug 1st for on ebay, i sold cookie that alien soldier further up the thread tho

Comment

Megadrive, SNES, Pc Engine GT

I play Sensible Soccer every week or 2 on the Megadrive, I also pick up a few gems every now and then (Alien Soldier ?6 ) so have to play them. Dont play the SNES as much as I should or the Pc Engine GT, suppose I am spoilt with the GBA SP.

Yup, several hours each week, I sell a lot of stuff on there too.

Rarely over ?10 for software, except odd moments of madness Battle Garegga (SS) ?35/ Batsugun (SS) ?30. Got the Pc Engine GT for peanuts when I used to run a games store (some kid traded it in for a 2nd hand PSX so I got it at cost of that ?30/?40 .

Last thing I bought was Donkey Kong Country 1+2 from an Edge Forumite.

Comment

>Mega Drive and Super Famicom
                        >Yeah loads.
                        >No. Every month or so though I indulge
                        >Not much. Most purchases were 100-6000Y.
                        >Yeah; Akumajo Dracula XX, Zelda 3 and Super Mario Collection on the SFC. Got them off ebay.

Comment

NES, Master System 2, Mega Drive + Mega CD and SNES.

Frequently

A bit too much really :/

probably ?17.99 for CastleVania 3 on NES. Hardware-wise I paid original prices for alot of them but recently ?25 on a replacement SNES and ?30 for a Mega Drive with Mega CD 9 CD games and Toe Jam and Earl Cart.

I've just bought a Mega Drive / Master System RGB SCART cable from ebay and a Boxed Master System Light Phaser. Both off Ebay

Comment

1) NES, got my house mates into playing 4 player gauntlet - they love it however the apple of my NES collections eye is my mint copy of elite. I still play on elite for 2 or 3 hours at a time. The battery back up still works as well

Also have a megadrive 1 and mega cd 1 that I love to bits, currently playing fireshark (v, scrolling shootem up), flashback and gunstar heroes. Also enjoy the odd bash of final fight and sonic cd on the mega cd.

My Nomad is currently being modded at telegames so I can play gunstar heroes on the move

2) As much as time allows

3) Lots and Lots

4) Played radiant Silvergun at my mates house quite often over the last couple of years. A couple of weeks back it really clicked and I had to buy it. got it for $180 about ?110 and haven't stopped playing it since. My girlfriend is forcing me to go and by a bike to get me out of the house

Comment

Originally posted by handbag3
                              however the apple of my NES collections eye is my mint copy of elite. I still play on elite for 2 or 3 hours at a time. The battery back up still works as well
                              Don't you find it quite tricky to play with the NES pad? I know I do.

Comment

Working...
                              X