REZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REZ

1st of all let me say this- Rez, what a bloody awesome game. I really do love it. I have only had the game for a about a month and a bit but I think it may be in my top 5 games on any machine.
    Anyhow, is it me or does the difficulty of the game change the more you play it? What I mean is that when I 1st played it I had no trouble beating the second boss. Now, after I get 100% analyzation and high 90's on the other two grades I seem to find the bosses more difficult than I ever did. I can beat them without taking a hit but it seems more intense and difficult know that I'm getting the high grading. Does the difficulty of the game change to accomodate the skill of the player is what I guess I'm trying to get at.
    Also are there any other little things that people have found that highlight the amount of thought and effort that have gone into this game?
    One of my favourites is the way the music slowly builds up into the crescendo of sound that is the boss battles.
    Or am I alone in loving this game? Hope not, it just seems that anybody who I tell about the game or show it to aren't that impressed by it.

If you score highly on a level, then yes, the boss is more difficult - but you get more points or something.

Are you alone in liking this game?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

I love this game so much. Got it on JPN import at its release. Its a work of art.

if ur interested, read my review for the site

if u read that ull know how i feel about this wonderful game.

Comment

Quite rez is something very diffrent indeed.I would also say that it is infact better on the dreamcast than on the ps2.And with rez 2 looming is all i can say is

ps:That review is spot on aswell.

Comment

Welcome to the club. One of the best games ever.

There are several Bosses.

-Mega: Wussy
          -Giga: Good
          -Tera: ****ing hard.

If you shoot down over 98% on the first level you get Tera. 97% on second Tera, 97% on third you get Tera, 96% on 4 +5. But I'm not quite sure on the last two.

You can see which you are facing when the code goes past. It will say;

Boss[Type]:

Earth [Tera]
          Uranus [Giga]

---

Best of luck. If you get over 95% shot down on all levels you get boss rush mode. Try it and love it!

Comment

Rez is good, but not as deep as some make out in a gameplay sense.

A brilliant assault on the senses, but frustratingly restrictive even for an on-the-rails shooter...

Having said that, I do repeat play it a lot.

Love level 2's boss.

Comment

I love this game so much.

Although at it's core it is a simple on rails shooter the aesthetics and sound elevate it to a whole new gaming experience.

I find it one of the most relaxing games to play. You get to a point where you dont have to think and the whole experience becomes very organic (that statement even sound wierd to me, but I am sure people who have played the game for any length of time know what I mean).

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                Rez is good, but not as deep as some make out in a gameplay sense.

A brilliant assault on the senses...
                Sounds like it achieves it's goals.

but frustratingly restrictive even for an on-the-rails shooter...
                I never find it frustrating, but that is because I get lost in the feeling... great fun... each to their own.

Having said that, I do repeat play it a lot.

Love level 2's boss.
                I think that everyone who plays this feels the same way! Love it, love it, love it!

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                  I love this game so much.

Although at it's core it is a simple on rails shooter the aesthetics and sound elevate it to a whole new gaming experience.

I find it one of the most relaxing games to play. You get to a point where you dont have to think and the whole experience becomes very organic (that statement even sound wierd to me, but I am sure people who have played the game for any length of time know what I mean).
                  Yes, Yes... Oh god, please I want a sequel... Or a transvibrator!

Comment

I also found it quite easy to complete and unlock everything. I still go back to it quite often, usually when the wife is out on the BIG tv with stereo turned UP and all lights off.

I have the DC and PS2 version and must say (not being a PS2 fanboy!) I think the PS2 visuals and sound beats the DC.

Comment

Rez is awesome when high*. The game world actually seems like a plausible and real place that you can visit. Also means you can notice all the slowdown much better which actually feels really nice.

*hi saif!

Comment

Love level 2's boss.
                        One of the coolest things about Rez is that everyone has a different favourite level boss! Mine would be the running man.

Rez, like SC5, is a game of love. There is little else that comes close on that level.

The depth of play argument is an interesting one. I would say there is a good amount of depth there, and techniques need to be learnt and honed to gain 100% shot down rates. I think its the simplicity in controls and score multiplier that people feel lack depth, although finding new and interesting ways to get 8x shots is a skillful activity.

Going for high scores is a strange one though, here the game is very open ended. You find yourself deliberately killing the bosses as slowly as possible to pick off missiles for points, but time it wrong and you don't get the xx,000 point bonus for the boss itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Papercut
                          Love level 2's boss.
                          One of the coolest things about Rez is that everyone has a different favourite level boss! Mine would be the running man.
                          I agree that the Running Man is the best boss. The way it continually changes and the way you can take different routes through the hallway.

Comment

Anyone ever played the game with the trance pack?

Comment

Yep. I bought the Japanese box set, then had to wait for the Euro version of the game to come out to use it wwith when I realised my PS2 was a bastard to chip ^^;;

Comment

Working...
                              X