Unreal Championship patch actually out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Championship patch actually out

MS have finally certified the patch and UC will prompt you to grab it when you attempt to go online (required for online play).

Fixes:

1) The T.A.G. Rifle exploit.
    2) The Rocket Launcher exploit.
    3) All known map exploits.
    4) The auto-aim exploit.
    5) The novice bot, stats exploit.
    6) The message: "No AA" now denotes a server that has auto-aim disabled.
    7) The ?ghost-flag? exploit, in CTF matches.
    8 ) Joining full servers: UC now checks if there is room in the game... before loading the map.
    9) Resolved an occasional crash when joining a friend's match.
    10) Resolved issues with Max Players & Private Slots.
    11) Players will now receive 1-point of damage when impeding lifts.
    12) The translocator disc will return to the gun, if it impedes a lift.
    13) Players can no longer utilize the translocator, to pass through world geometry.
    14) Anti-aliasing is now disabled by default. To enable it, depress both thumbsticks simultaneously during the initial UC intro video sequence.
    15) Team-balancing fixed. The message "Teams Unbalanced", will show up briefly during an existing match, if the teams become unbalanced.

taken from the UC forums http://ina-community.com/forums/show...hreadid=296225

Also available are 3 new DM maps: Inferno, AquaMortis and Leviathan and a new CTF map: OtarosRun.

Looks like I've got a reason to play this title again

Yes but the big question is... what about the framerate.. do you see a notiveable improvement.. only one way to try i guess.

Cheers

FB

Comment

downloaded and gave it a test

runs a lot smoother now - framerate is much much better - new maps are good and the whole thing has gone from ****e to not bad

hope to see some of ya on the servers

camps

Comment

I was never that fussed about the framerate anyway when i rented it. But, if it all runs better now, better get this over the weekend and get online with it.

Comment

Originally posted by camps
          downloaded and gave it a test

runs a lot smoother now - framerate is much much better - new maps are good and the whole thing has gone from ****e to not bad
          How long does the download take?

Comment

The main patch is practically instant, the maps are about 3/4 minutes each.

Comment

I actually sold this soon after i got iy. The framerate is horrendous

But then i play ut2k3 @ 1024x768 at 80 fps on pc so i guess that doesnt help.

Can u turn the AA off via the patch as i remember them saying at the time that that would give a big fps increase ???

Comment

AA is automatically turned off via the patch - you can turn it back on

camps

Comment

I have to say the patch really improved the game, easily as good as wolfenstein in my opinion now.

Comment

Yeah i agree, looks miles better with AA off imo. And the frame rate is pretty solid now (there is a little bit of tearing though).

Comment

The patch turns the game from an unplayable mess into a pretty good game, and one that runs smoother then Wolfie seems to in my experiance.

Comment

Working...
                      X