What do you look for in an importer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you look for in an importer?

Do you just go for the cheapest supplier or the one with the best customer service, or do you try and balance the 2. Or do you go for the one that can supply the goods the quickest?

I personally go for the one that offers the best customer service and is the most reliable. Price is obviously important, and I am lucky that I have found someone that is both cheap and reliable.

i think it would have to be toss between price and reliability so i usually go for either dvdboxoffice or goblin. Just curious which is your main importer lordcookie.

Comment

Customer service and price.

I bought my PS2 and all (but one) of my games off Tronix, and I love em. Wouldn't buy off anyone else if they were free.

Comment

Quality, Value, Conveniance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rav
          i think it would have to be toss between price and reliability so i usually go for either dvdboxoffice or goblin. Just curious which is your main importer lordcookie.

I noticed you are from Leicester too, but sadly there are no decent Leicester importers.
          The only one we have is Another World and they are a rip off.

Comment

Agreed. I often go in there to laugh at there prices, cant believe there selling US Zelda bonus disc for ?60.

Comment

Originally posted by Rav
              Agreed. I often go in there to laugh at there prices, cant believe there selling US Zelda bonus disc for ?60.[/code]
              I haven't been in there in a while. Im not surprised at that price though. Are they still selling Ikaruga for ?75?

Comment

I haven't been in there in a while. Im not surprised at that price though. Are they still selling Ikaruga for ?75?
                i think its gone down to about 60 quid.

Comment

Dirt cheap now then

I wonder how many people actually buy imports at that price?

Comment

Just curious, but does a certain Mr Dimond run your Another World?

Comment

Dirt cheap now then

I wonder how many people actually buy imports at that price?
                      Insane as those prices are, the uninformed must buy import games from them as another world wouldnt sell imports if nobody was buying them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
                        Just curious, but does a certain Mr Dimond run your Another World?
                        I don't know his name, but if you describe what he looks like I might be able to say yay or nay.

Originally posted by Rav
                        Insane as those prices are, the uninformed must buy import games from them as another world wouldnt sell imports if nobody was buying them.
                        I know what you mean, but I wonder how many people that buy imports are uninformed? Casual gamers will not import. They wont go into a store and see them on display and decide to purchase a copy. Most importers know about games, and look out for good prices and service etc. I have no idea how Another World manages to keep selling them. Although saying that, I have never seen anyone in the store by an import game.

Comment

I know what you mean, but I wonder how many people that buy imports are uninformed? Casual gamers will not import. They wont go into a store and see them on display and decide to purchase a copy. Most importers know about games, and look out for good prices and service etc. I have no idea how Another World manages to keep selling them. Although saying that, I have never seen anyone in the store by an import game.
                          I've actually seen somebody buy an import from there, i did mention to him that you get much cheaper prices online but he bought the game anyway

Comment

And Leicester came high up in the brainiest city tests. He was the reason the score was lower

Comment

ha ha.

I've been checking out www.risingsundigitalmedia.com, there prices seem to be really good especially considering there british importer. Pity they dont seem to do much on console controllers as im looking to get virtua fighter and SCII arcade sticks

Comment

Working...
                              X