Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your gaming Nemeses

Well, have you met your gaming match?
    Gaming moments that have been constantly beating you no matter how hard you tried, until you finally found a method to beat it (or haven't)
    It's maybe my 'un-133t0r skillz' at playing them, but here are just a few choice moments that have made me tearing my hair out.

*spoilers, naturally*

Devil May cry 2
    Dante must die/Lucia Must Die modes -

Dante - only real trouble i had was with the Trismagia boss, which took a real long time to defeat.

Lucia - the 'fish' boss, where the camera angles are not very helpful, plus the fact you cannot lock-on to the target in this battle, which takes the fun out of the fight.
    Also the Trismagia boss gave me a lot of trouble.

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike
    Gill...

Anubis: Zone of the Enders
    Anubis battle with 'damaged Jehuty'
    Mainly because of the lack lock-on shot to destroy Anubis' Burst Attack ability, which always seems to hit me. Although this adds to the character/theme of this type of battle. The amount of retries i used was immense...

Devil May Cry
    Entire Dante Must Die mode.
    Just. Cannot. Survive.

Colin McRae Rally 3
    On hard mode i usually languish 1 minute+ behind everyone else. I really can't find the time saving corners within the stages.

I'll think of more later.

*SPOILERS*

Wizpig at the end of Diddy Kong Racing on the N64. What a C U Next Tuesday.

Comment

Luigi's Mansion.

I can't get past the demon baby.

I kid, I kid.

Comment

Erm, Nemesis in RE3 - never seemed to have any ammo left when he popped his ugly mug into view...

Comment

Ken from SFII:CE on the MD When I was younger I would work myself up into a near rage when I couldn't beat him. If my arms hadn't been so wimpy I would have snapped the joypad in two.

I also have to admit that I can't beat the computer on easy skirmish on Warcraft III, I get my ass handed to me over and over and over.

Comment

stupid i know but that plant boss with the mirrors on metroid prime. i get to the four mirrors then i end up dying

Comment

Originally posted by wod
              stupid i know but that plant boss with the mirrors on metroid prime. i get to the four mirrors then i end up dying
              I am awful at that boss too. I had about 5 goes at him, and got bored. In fact I should go back and have another go.

The later levels in Lemmings. I cant remember which ones but they got far too hard.

Comment

At the moment it's STILL Psyvariar!

I been on that since May, I will 1 credit this game if it kills me!

1. Earth
                2. Volcano
                3. XA
                4. Cloudbank
                5. XB
                6. Colony
                7. XC *Lose credit here*
                8. XD

Doesnt seem like much to go....then you play XC

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
                  Originally posted by wod
                  I am awful at that boss too. I had about 5 goes at him, and got bored. In fact I should go back and have another go.

The later levels in Lemmings. I cant remember which ones but they got far too hard.

You.Must.Persevere.

Very annoying but once you work him out (use the boost ball occasionally) you'll get there.....

Comment

Street Fighter II: Turbo on the SNES

M Bison

That son of a ... (/me takes a deep breath). He caused more cart ejecting than every other game put together.

I actually HATE him and yes, I do know he is just a game character

ft:

-weresheep

Comment

Originally posted by weresheep
                      Street Fighter II: Turbo on the SNES

M Bison

That son of a ... (/me takes a deep breath). He caused more cart ejecting than every other game put together.

I actually HATE him and yes, I do know he is just a game character

ft:

-weresheep
                      M Bison is the devils spawn but my own Nemesis is Goldeneye....i just can't finish it on extra hard ...you see i'm resigned to the fact and i'm past worry.

Comment

On GTA:VC the driver mission found at The Malibu Club caused me several near controler smashing moments. well done to the designers of that controler to make it so impact resistant.

done it now though

Comment

oooh definately ryu on street fighter 2 turbo.Try playing 10 star turbo on 8 star difficulty, thats like the only battle i can never win...

Comment

Originally posted by Dark_soldier
                            On GTA:VC the driver mission found at The Malibu Club caused me several near controler smashing moments. well done to the designers of that controler to make it so impact resistant.

done it now though
                            I *think* I'm right in saying that you can park a couple of cars in front of him to slow him down, but I might be wrong about that.

The other way is to finish the Sunshine Autos missions. The ones around the back where you have to collect the cars. You can get a really good car from that and with a bit of luck you can beat him

Comment

Mizar from Jet Force Gemini remains undefeated by me.

I know this is a bad thing but does anyone have a cheat that could help me? (Stuck at the end 8 months and counting...)

Comment

Working...
                              X