Bird Flu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bird Flu

Now that it is almost upon us... (surprised it didn't make it here earlier) and from reading the article (Oh it's fine - Humans don't pass it on to humans - Infected birds can pass it onto humans!), is it safe to assume that the flying rodents of London (and other cities?) will be the bearers of the new Plague and will kill us all?

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I love pigeons by the way, couldn't eat a whole one.

Where abouts has bird flu spread out to?

(was thinking about when the birds migrate back for the summer)

Comment

It's only a matter of time before the strain mutates, so yeah, we're all probably ****ed.

Then again, maybe this is an incredibly clever ploy by the Government to exaggerate the threat and dim news that Iraq is on the verge of descending into civil war. The conspiracy fans many favour that standpoint, but it doesn't really pan out when you consider the rest of the world is **** scared too.

Get ready to wear masks and for the economy to nose dive.

Comment

Yeh they will chemically kill everyone in the middle east and blame it on Bird Flu.

Come on people! Build up your immune systems before it is too late!

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
          Where abouts has bird flu spread out to?

(was thinking about when the birds migrate back for the summer)
          The link says it all. H5N1 (the strain most dangerous which can pass between animals) has been found in Turkey. Next it'll be Germany, France, then us etc. etc.

Comment

I do wonder If there would be birds who migrate carrying the flu back when they return in the summer

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
              The link says it all. H5N1 (the strain most dangerous which can pass between animals) has been found in Turkey.
              Yeah but Turkeys can't fly very far can they?

Comment

You're a comic pun-pulling genius.

Don't make me come around to your mum's house and juice her out.

I'm sure France, Germany and Austria will find a way to blame it all on Turkey if it spreads over to Western Europe.

Comment

That's it. I'm not leaving the house. Ever.

Comment

I'm going to China in about three weeks. I fully intend to be Patient Zero, and introduce the disease to this country on my return (in a new 'n improved human > human form). There'll be documentaries about me on Panorama in 20 years, and those of you who survived the epidemic will be able to say, "I remember him posting on ntsc-uk".

Comment

Make sure to try some 'tiet canh' or the Chinese equivalent if you want to catch it - chopped congealed raw duck blood and herbs. Yum.

Comment

This county is totally unprepared for an Avian Flu outbreak, trust me on that.

For the last four weeks I've been working on another similar issue with work and I kid you not, everyone should be very, very scared if it makes it to the UK. The emergency services and medical healthcare professions are totally, totally complacent on this issue - by the time something is done, it'll already be to late. I've had a taste of how unprepared all the different organisations are - while staff on the ground might have the willpower and skill to deal with this, the red tape and idiots at management level will prevent them from doing anything.

My advice is if Avian Flu hits these shores get the hell out of Dodge and get somewhere as remote as you can.

Comment

It'll be nothing a few pints of the good old Edwyn Taylor's Extra Stout won't be able to cure I'm sure....

Comment

looks like theres going to be a mass slaughtering of birds and such on the scale cattle had to endure during the whole mad cow epidemic if things don't improve soon, no christmas turkey for me or duck

Comment

Where are you going, Spatial?

Comment

Working...
                              X