I know kung fu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know kung fu

Hi all, in an effort to improve our fitness levels and also because we thought it would be fun, me and my lady are going to sign up for karate lessons. Does anybody else practice any martial arts and would you reccomend it?

i do judo, it's been great for fitness but after 18 years of it, i am getting a few creaky bones

Comment

Is it ever too late to start? Im 34.

Comment

I studied some of the basics of Wing Chun for a couple of years, even have a pair of Kung Fu slippers Unfortunately I wasn't disciplined enough to continue my teachings, however I do work through the moves from time to time.

Comment

I do 5 Animal Traditional Kung-Fu and it's the best martial art i've ever done. I spent a good 4 years doing Karate but i look back now and realise it wasn't that great a discipline. I then flited between a few styles just to try them out and stuck on Loong Mang Pai kung-fu.

It's the hardest style i've done but the most rewarding and easily the most useful in todays Saturday night street culture. It's probably the most physical MA as it's done very traditionally with finger-tip/front knuckle press ups etc.

I've recently started pole and will be moving onto broad-sword next year. I will then have to train for around another couple of years solid to get my black belt (which is an all day grading).

I love it and can't recommend it enough. The main thing is to have fun whatever you decide on doing.

Comment

Many thanks for the replies, gonna give it a go for sureHEEEEAAAYYYAAW!!!!!

Comment

Do Jeet Kune Do and Japanese Kobudo (Ninjitsu) with lots of weapons training.

Comment

Ninjitsu! that sounds good? we'll see how the karate goes first. Are lessons expensive does anyone know?

Comment

Usually around a fiver per lesson. One to One training is around ?15-?20.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                    Is it ever too late to start? Im 34.

same age as me and ive been doing karate now for 3 months and loving every minute, go 4 times a week, my eldest son goes 2 times a week, got my yellow belt grading on the 13th november then i can start sparing "kumite"

just go for it you wont regret it

i pay 27.50 per month and that is unlimited training, otherwise its a fiver per lesson

ps only down side with age is we olies havent the flexibility like when we were young
                    Last edited by fragmast3r; 24-10-2005, 13:44.

Comment

Do Drunken kung fu

Comment

A final question from my gf. Do men and women fight each other or is it same sex fights only? (i suspect she's looking foward to giving me a kick in head;-))

Comment

When I did Judo (around 5-6 years ago) men could be paired to fight/practice with women, but maybe things have changed.

Comment

in our karate you can fight any1

u sign up for contact or non contact though?

Comment

Not signed up for anything yet, found a few clubs in my area and gonna do some ringing around tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                              X