Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The retro collector without the internet

Yay, we got the folder

So how did you collect retro games and hardware without the aid of the internet?

Car boot fairs are good for the common titles, but you would be lucky to find the rarer titles or imports. Also, in Leicester at least, the only retro store is Telegames, and they dont have a good reputation.

Also do you think that the Internet has inflated game prices due to titles being so easily available?

The folder is merely a trojan horse.
    Having all the retro stuff in one place means I can kill all the old guff in 4 clicks.

Am I joking? Maybe.

Comment

Poor Yash. What little power he got in the switch has gone straight to his head...

I would now, but without the internet I would never had had the knowledge in the first place, so swings and roundabouts, really.

Comment

Little power? Try and log on tomorrow and say that.

To be honest if the interest stays then this folder will be a worthwhile addition.
        If not it'll get blitzed.

Comment

Originally posted by lordcookie
          Yay, we got the folder

So how did you collect retro games and hardware without the aid of the internet?

Car boot fairs are good for the common titles, but you would be lucky to find the rarer titles or imports. Also, in Leicester at least, the only retro store is Telegames, and they dont have a good reputation.

Also do you think that the Internet has inflated game prices due to titles being so easily available?
          2nd hand shops, run by people who know nothing about what they are buying who buy stuff from people (for peanuts) who know nothing about what they are selling. I have a collection of about 50 odd Megadrive games 90% picked up from 2nd hand shops for ?2-?3 each

I dont think the net has inflated prices so much as people are able to get what they want when they want it. Ebay is a good example, just about any game you have ever wanted will be available if you check ebay every day or two.

Also with the 8- 16 bit era's kids now aged 20-30 we have the money to spend in reliving our youth.

Its strange how you look at a 2nd hand game and think ooh ?10 thats expensive but then think back to being a kid who longed for that game but could not afford the ?40 it cost new.

Comment

No Internet! wow thats hardcore Retro
            Boot sales are the champion of the collector I would imagine. I don't think the Internet as a whole has inflated prices, but E-bay and over excited bidders most certainly have. Like house prices, if one goes for top money, the rest start at that price.

Comment

without the internet it has to be boot sales although the bargains have dried up lately which i put down to everyone knowing what they are worth on ebay,So for now i get my bargains from 2nd hand shops,only the other day i picked up a mint boxed spectrum 48k for a tenner

Comment

Working...
              X