This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Features section now more user friendly

The Features Section of the website has a huge amount of useful articles, but it was difficult to find the info you wanted since it was just a long list. Also, since only 1 feature was listed on the homepage, it was difficult to figure out which features had been put up most recently. In response to some reader feedback, I've made this section of the site more useful by splitting it into categories and making the features page itself show the 6 most recent features. The categories are:

Editorial - Commentary on a variety of gaming topics
    Hardware
    Interview
    Preview
    Report - Show reports / Game of the year
    Retrospective
    Technical - anything technical that doesn't fit into the import/tech section
    Technique - How to improve
    Translation - Help with Japanese games

The main chunk of work is now complete, so you can start benefitting from the changes straight away.

Note that although set up, work is not quite finished. There are a few features that haven't found a natural home quite yet, and Editorial may yet be split down further. More categories may need to be added to accomodate everything. Feature dates will be added where possible (like on the review list pages) but since dates were not implemented from the start, this process will be a bit arduous to the say the least and impossible in some cases. I will do my best.

This has taken a huge amount of my spare time, so hopefully you will all think "yes, this is super amazing". However, if there's anything I've set up wrong or if you have suggestions, please pop into IRC and let me know.

Other changes:
    PSP has been added to the Sony section (previously was just in Portables section).

Charlesr
Working...
X