Speedball Vs Speedball 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedball Vs Speedball 2

Im yet to meet anyone else who agrees with me that Speedball was the better of the two games. The sequel killed a lot of the fun for me, Speedball was always about simple, hardcore battling yet the expansion of the game for the sequel removed the games purity, with needless extras and larger more complex environments. Sometimes, as they say, less is most definitly more and I feel that applies here. No doubt Ill be the only one however..

Yes you are alone in thinking speedball is better than its sequel.

Personally I never really enjoyed either *ducks for cover*

Comment

im waiting for the damn game to drop under a tenner for the gba

speedball 2's better than no speedball but 20quid is a piss take

Comment

Yes! I always thought Speedball was the better game - I felt more "in the zone" with that game. And I even managed to win the championship, somehow.

Comment

I've never played the first game I always just assumed it was rubbish as it never received the notoriety of its sequel. I'll be checking this out on the old amiga emulation soon.

Comment

I'm somewhat embarassed to admit I've never played the original. However, I do have fond memories of hours and hours on the Amiga version, and eventually nabbed the (completely bastardised) Megadrive version of 2.

What were the actual differences?

I liked the whole upgrade-a-thon aspect of 2, I gather 1 didn't have this?

Comment

Speedball 1 was much trimmed down compaired to the second. It had nothing on the sides of the arena (afaik) and no way of powering up the ball during play.

I guess it could be seen as the more 'pure' game, but Speedball 2 offered the better experience in my opinion.

Incidently, read my Deathrow review on the main site now, I try to detail the failing of the (potentially superb, I must add) future sports genre.

[/pimpage]

Comment

Speedball had some cool stuff that I was annoyed they left out, like being able to bribe officials at the end of the matches and end up turning the score around. SB2 is a much better game though as the play area wasn`t as claustrophobic.

<nearly-in-double-figures pose>

Comment

Working...
                X