TFT Screen Recommendations ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFT Screen Recommendations ?

I want to buy a nice TFT screen for my PC preferably 17". I think somewhere around the ?300 mark would be my budget. Ideally I would like the screen to have a host of inputs so I can use it as a second videogame screen if necessary (without needing VGA connectors).

I was hoping to secure a Samsung through a mate but that fell through. Can you let me know your thoughts with suggested retailers if possible too ?

Thanks

Originally posted by kamaran
    I want to buy a nice TFT screen for my PC preferably 17". I think somewhere around the ?300 mark would be my budget. Ideally I would like the screen to have a host of inputs so I can use it as a second videogame screen if necessary (without needing VGA connectors).

I was hoping to secure a Samsung through a mate but that fell through. Can you let me know your thoughts with suggested retailers if possible too ?

Thanks
    Make sure it has a refresh time of <25Ms. Check out the Hitachi one at www.overclockers.co.uk

Comment

I'd recommend the Samsung 152T if you can find it at about the ?300 mark (it might be a tad more expensive). It's got DVI and VGA inputs so you'd have to get a VGA adapter. Alternatively, the 151P loses the DVI input and gains a pivoting screen (which is nice for tate mode in shmups) but the screen isn't as nice.

Comment

This one seems nice but lacks a number of inputs:

Leading the way in bespoke PC systems and PC gaming, any and all of your components & peripherals needs are met with our vast range of products and services.

Any others ?

Comment

have a look at this one-http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...3&GrpID=4&s=pl

or this 115inch one-http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/ki.asp?a...3&GrpID=2&s=pl

Comment

If possible I would prefer a big brand name (call me fussy I know) like Panasonic, Samsung, Sony etc ...

Comment

I have a Dell 2000FP, it has a 25ms response time and is perfect for everything BUT first person shooters like Quake. Dreamcast looks very nice on it via the VGA box. It has a S-Video in as well, but this doesn't look too good as it is scaled up (makes the picture very pixellated).

Comment

I hear that Hitachi on OCUK is one of the best you'll find, especially for gaming. Wish I could afford one atm

Those DELL 2000FPs cost an absolute fortune, don't they?

Comment

I got mine on a Yahoo Auction before they stopped them. Was last year and it cost me ?900 - 50% of the RRP at the time, so a bit of a bargain

These new 19" TFT's are coming in at ?500-600 though with a better response time, so technology has moved on from my monitor.

Comment

Working...
                  X