Game Of The Year 2005 Awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Of The Year 2005 Awards

Any chance of doing this via the (now locked) thread rather than PMs, so that we can see who is voting for what? Just for fun, like.

no

we want it to be a closed voting system - that way no-one knows the results (apart from staff members) before we post up the finished articles.

Comment

Fair enough.

Comment

Is that it? Just a top five? What about the different formats and technical achievement and all those other end of year awards?

Comment

It will give Grim far, far less to write at least

Comment

The 5 votes will count towards a bigger list of games.

Comment

It was felt this year that a different approach might freshen things up a bit. When the results are revealed early in 2006, rather than just a top 5, we'll detail a sizable number of games that topped the votes, the hope being that in that way all of the games that were significant during 2005 will be covered and given their dues.

Comment

could you not jus do a voting poll? where we click a few buttons out of a handful of games you guys select? helps narrow things down. As a lot of peeps here have not played as many of the latest games as others. There fore it may be hit and miss. But if you carfully select some it may be more accurate (to some degree). Oh and it saves charlie bear having to read like 1000s of pm's. lol

oops didnt realise it was stuart who counts em. Soz charlie bear!
                Last edited by 112; 08-12-2005, 12:47.

Comment

The problem with that mechanism is that obviously the writers influence the results because of the selection. This way, yes, I have to spend a long time counting, but it is at least more accurate a description of readers' feelings.

Comment

Am I having a mental block that makes me physically incapable of seeing the 2005 results or have they just not been done yet?

Comment

It's traditional for it to be heavily delayed. Sorry.
                      I'll get the whips out.

Comment

The results were published at Easter one year, iirc.

Comment

As good as previous awards were, they really dont need 15000+ word writeups, its the results that will matter the most.

Come to think of it, I didnt vote this time round.

Comment

Working...
                          X