This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigs (again)

I know that Hasanhadi already brought it up, and I know that you mods will almost certainly lock this thread up much, much sooner rather than later, but...

I've already read your reasons for locking the signature function in Hasanhadi's thread, and I appreciate them fully (really I do). But, I still think (like most of the others) that it sucks something rotten that the vast majority get punished in a way for the ****-ups of the idiotic minority. Surely you guys can find it within yourselves to reinstate the signature function with stricter reigns ie. 'Zero Tolerance'-style instant banning for those who abuse the function from the forum altogether?

I mean (without wanting to sound pithy about it), you guys have lock-deleted threads and banned users from this forum outright for seemingly lesser offences...
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 13-12-2005, 00:06.

I never thought I'd be the one to say this - but I quite like this place without sigs.
    It makes things seem much, much calmer, somehow.
    It removes unnecessary clutter and everything seems smoother.
    So, I'd rather it stayed like this.

Comment

Yeah I'm not a fan of sigs simply from the clutter point of view but, that aside, I've never quite understood the point of them.

Comment

Sigs are a no no, personally I also think they clutter the page, on other forums where jpegs etc are allowed as sigs a page can take an age to load and jumps all over the place while loading - so so annoying.

You come here to look at posts not sigs. lets keep it that way.

From the last sigs topic:

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
        No matter how good peoples intentions are concerning sigs, we will always have idiots who go out of their way to abuse them ... so due to the few, the majority lose out.

In the past we requested that people kept them to a certain length, didn't post abuse in them, didn't use them for advertising etc etc - we were spending more time modding sigs than we were spending modding posts

as it currently stands, we will not be enabling signatures in the foreseeable future
        Last edited by VR46; 13-12-2005, 07:25.

Comment

Working...
        X