Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lobotomy Software & Exhumed

Oh man.

Exhumed, for me, was the finest 1st person shooter i've ever played(until Halo).

It was just gorgeous, i believe they really hit the nail on the head with creating the Egyptian theme and atmosphere.

Weapons where balanced and inventive with the feel of the game.

Enemies, levels, power ups all where brilliantly well thought out and gave solidity to the world you traversed.

Even the D-pad worked effortlessly well.

The one thing that annoyed me was the sunken pyramid level, i mean, to play 9/10'ths of the level, to swim into the final cavern, pick up the item, and find yourself drowning because you didn't race head long from entrance to exit without stopping once, was a bit of a con. And when your swimming in blind panic to find the exit, theres 2, both closed. so you've gotta do it twice haven't you, for completion's sake.

And the infamous Team Dolls, 23 in all, each with it's own developer mug shot. It was pure sick to even contemplate finding them yourself. No, you needed the then, brilliant Offical Sega Saturn Mag guide to reach all Team Dolls.

And to my personal credit, i managed all 23 , including the Laser trap one & the last boss one. But not without dying,swearing & throwing hissy fits more times i care to remember.

I seem to recall that a sequel was rumoured for the DC, in the run up to the DC's launch.

I wonder what, if it existed, happened to it? And Lobotomy for that matter?

But, Exhumed, what a game.

i have to say i cant say i was as compelled as u by this game, lent it from a friend for the saturn and thought the graphics were quite nice but the game lacked something, saying that ive never been much of a fan of fps and have only ever enjoyed 5 or 6 total so it may just be me (all console shooters that i like if ur wondering)

ive no idea what happened to lobotomy tho

Comment

For me it had charm, and i kept going back to it.

Once you had all Team Dolls and you started a new game OVER your existing game, you where given some crazy flyanywherebreatheunderwateralwayshyperetc mad master mode.

It was great.

Comment

I had this game for the saturn in 1997. my favourite game of that year, definetely

the atmosphere was great. the weapons balanced and collecting the team - dolls was one of the hardest tasks ever. i can't remember if i got them all, but i wasn't far off .

i missed the official saturn magazine with them in, ironically i started buying it the month after they were printed

i remember that lazy trap one though. that was a friggin' nightmare! and that one where you had to fall down the lava tunnels, and you literally had no room to make a mistake or you would burn to death. awesome!

after my saturn broke i picked up a playstation with a copy of the game, and that was really quite different to the saturn version - level designs were changed sometimes dramatically, and you got dolphin and eagle modes after a certain amount of team dolls.

I would love to know what happened to lobotomy, after the excellent Saturn ports of Quake and Duke Nukem 3d they just dissapeared. Exhumed II was rumoured to be in development too at the time.

one of videogame's mysterys.

an underated gem of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Plisken
          after my saturn broke
          You know, i've 5 saturns, 4 PAL and 1 Jap, only 2 work, the Jap one & one PAL system.

It always used to be the laser, it wouldnn't read games, load games or move at all for that matter.

Nice system, broke a lot thou.

Bah.

Comment

Working...
          X