Initial D

What is this:
    Initial D Special Stage
    Genre: Racing (Racing)
    Dev: Sega Rosso
    Origin: JP
    On: PlayStation2
    Release: 6/26/2003

Just to heat things up a little: -fresch pictures from a press sitting regarding the new AC version. Thanks to Ruliweb:

관심기반 네이티브형 검색포털서비스, 메일, 쇼핑, 뉴스, 캐스트 등 제공

My first concern regarding the matter: I need an additional step down for the JP racing wheel. Question: -will I be better of with a domestic wheel from Logitech?

EDIT Well 22 days left

Initial D 0wnage!!11!!1

Can't wait to get this, just need to find some space for the wheel (and I'll probably also need to get some cash....)

BTW, does anyone know what Initial D on the PS1 is like?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadruharazzeb
      BTW, does anyone know what Initial D on the PS1 is like?
      Good one, the question have been up before, don't remember if anyone had an answer then.

Comment

Damn... after watching the first series of Initial D and playing the 1st stage in the arcades i can't put it into words how much this game OWNZ!!

Comment

Haven't played the arcade game yet so I need the PS2 version!

Those cabs look way cool!

Comment

**** those cabs do look ace!

I feel as if i'm totally missing out not been able to experience this game in the arcade, looks like the PS2 version with a steering wheel is as close as i'm going to get. Fingers crossed it's a good port.

Comment

You'll need a stepdown for the wheel.

The domestic wheel is exactly the same except that the JP one comes with a nice Initial D box and a roll of Initial D gum-tape.

I'm tempted just for the tape. Shingo's ass is mine!

Comment

Like a few people in this thread, I havent managed to play it in the arcades yet, and looking at the standard of the arcades in Leicester it is safe to assume I never will. All the praise this game has got has meant I have had the PS2 version pre-ordered for a while.

Lets just hope it translates well to the home consoles.

Comment

"Gumu-tape deathmatch...?"

Comment

Do anyone know where to order a racing chair for the wheel. The only one I know of is Sonys but then you have to live in JP to order this one I think:

I have also seen a great GT3 racing chair: -Are they for sale?

Comment

Anyone know what the character/course allocations are like in Special Stage for the Legend of the Street mode?

In Arcade Stage ver. 1 they were a bit all over the place. (E.g. Akina Speedstars on Myogi and no Akagi meaning the Red Suns were stuck anywhere else). Ver 2. seems better alloacted. Is this what Special Stage will follow?

Oh and Burai, you really should set your standards much higher than Shingo

Comment

Heh, I only mentioned Shingo cos of the Gum-Tape in the box. He's a piece of piss in the Arcade version.

To be honest I don't know how the story mode in Special works. The general consensus is that it's been fleshed out somewhat and I'm assuming that it'll be far deeper than Legend of the Streets and that the gum tape is far more than a token gesture.

Comment

Does anyone know if the PS2 ver. will have some sort of Internet ranking feature so we here can compete?

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                            The domestic wheel is exactly the same except that the JP one comes with a nice Initial D box and a roll of Initial D gum-tape.
                            Burai: -Thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
                              To be honest I don't know how the story mode in Special works. The general consensus is that it's been fleshed out somewhat and I'm assuming that it'll be far deeper than Legend of the Streets and that the gum tape is far more than a token gesture.
                              Interesting. I've actually not followed the info on the home game much. Make it all the more interesting when it comes.

I actuallt tried racing Akina by keeping one hand on the wheel at all times (effectively repliciating the Gumtape Deathmatch). I was ****e

Comment

Working...
                              X