Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing Japanese games can sometimes be tough...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing Japanese games can sometimes be tough...

...but what Japanese games can easily be played by non Japanese speaking gamers?

I'm obvisously not talking fighters, shmups, sports or driving games here but what story based games ( not nessacarily full on RPG's ) can still be enjoyed by those not familar with the language?

JP Guardian Heroes on the Saturn usually comes up in this category where knowledge of language is not absolutely vital to get something out of it.

What others are there...if any?

Any format but mainly SFC, DC and Saturn

Last edited by Q-Bass; 31-01-2006, 20:26.

Biohazard & similar games are pretty straightforward.

Comment

A very large number of them as you can find hundreds of guides over the net to help you through tons of games. Not had a problem with any DC imports or Snes, couple of the Saturn one's.

Mainly just avoid text adventures and check there are guides if you are buying RPG, Princess Crown, Dragon Force II, Grandia only had a couple of sticking points but where easy enough to play.

Only a handful of games, I had problems with and they were all unknown titles.

Comment

Bomber Hehhe!
        Any shooter
        tokyo bus guide
        erm a bunch of others
        any arcadey type thing

Comment

Surely one of the most universally accessible games has to be Katamari.

Comment

Get Rent-a-Hero No.1 for Dreamcast ! That's great plus there are a few guides on the net if you ever get stuck. Actually the guides are quite nice because they also explain the plot. Oh and it uses the same or modified SPIKE OUT engine

Yakumo

Comment

When i was a teen I enjoyed a game called Maniac Pro Wrestling which was a story driven wrestling game where you pulled up a menu then sub menu to pick the move/defend against your foe.

There are numerous ones like this you can enjoy with a little patience working out what each thing does like Soccer & also driving games. How lol, but they can be enjoyable.
              Last edited by Baseley09; 01-02-2006, 10:17.

Comment

Working...
              X