Mega CD: what's in the box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega CD: what's in the box?

does anyone know what other parts there should be with a Mega CD1 besides the console power adapter, metal shield and the free games? Are there any other cables are required to connect a mark 1 Megadrive?
    Any help would be most appreciated.

There should be a cable going from the MD headphones port to the back of the MegaCD (the Red/White RCA's).

But it's just a generic line-in cable, so if it's not there you can buy a replacement for about 99p...

Comment

so in that case then you have to have an AV cable for the mega cd? and if so does it use the same 8 pin din lead the mk 1 megadrive does?

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
        There should be a cable going from the MD headphones port to the back of the MegaCD (the Red/White RCA's).

But it's just a generic line-in cable, so if it's not there you can buy a replacement for about 99p...
        Sure?

I used to use the Red & Whites and hook it into my HiFi.

The headphone socket and R/W sockets are both stereo outputs...

Comment

Originally posted by SegaMark
          Sure?

I used to use the Red & Whites and hook it into my HiFi.

The headphone socket and R/W sockets are both stereo outputs...
          My mistake, you hook the headphone port on the MD to a 3.5mm port on the back of the MegaCD.

I think the MegaCD just uses the MD1 video outputs? It was the 32X that used it's own I'm sure.

Comment

Yeah, you have to run a headphone jack-jack from the MD headphone socket to the Mixing Socket on the back of the Mega CD. This is to mix in the MD audio with the MCD audio.

You need to now run the video from the MD, and the audio from the stereo phono sockets on the back of the MCD.

So, take your MD scart lead and open up the scart connector. Find pins 2 & 6. These are your left and right audio inputs. Disconnect whatever is conected to them (you'll have pin2 connected for mono, and maybe pin6 bridged off this for fake stereo). Take a stereo phono lead and bare wires. Left goes to pin2, right to pin6 and the shield to any other ground (pins 4, 9, 13, 17 and the casing). Voila.

And all MD1 stereo leads I've seen recently have an 8pin Din and a headphone jack plug, not L and R phonos. So you'll still need a converter or to chop off the jack plug and wire in phonos.

Comment

Working...
            X