Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got a PC Engine - What games do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a PC Engine - What games do I need?

Well, after 10 years of wanting one, I've finally bought a PC Engine Core Grafx! Now I need to get some games for it, but really don't know what to get.

There's a few things I know I want, such as Devil Crash and Splatterhouse, but other than that, I've got no idea.

All suggestions appreciated.

James.

Jackie Chan!

Shububinman 2!

Download!

Final Soldier!

It's a shame about mame making many console conversions obselete

Comment

F1 Dream
      Moto Roader
      Gunhed
      Shinobi
      Chan & Chan
      Bloody Wolf

Too many to list they are all classics!

Comment

Rtype cart 1
        New Zealand Story
        Final Soldier
        Parodius
        GALAGA88
        Last edited by capcom_suicide; 03-02-2006, 10:35.

Comment

If you ever get the CD unit, go for Cosmic Fantasy 2. I don't like RPGs at all, but for some reason I really loved that game and just had to finish it!

Comment

Ahem

S P L A T T E R H O U S E

Comment

Super Star Soldier is all you will need.

Batman
              Magical Chase
              Ninja Gaiden
              Long Nosed Goblin
              Spirggan 1 and 2
              Faucette amour
              Renny Blaster
              Sapphire
              and the list goes on and on. In fact there are prolly 200 or so titles I'd recommend most highly.

(Do a search here if you have time as there are loads of pce games topics/lists posted up)

Comment

No one has mentioned Ninja Sprirt - a chuffing brilliant ninja action game where you control loads of the little sods at once. Its THE essential PC Engine game as far as I'm concerned. And I am.....concerned that is.

Comment

F1 circus.Pc kid 1,2,3 and of course Final match tennis!

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide
                    Rtype card 1
                    i pressume you mean card 1 AND card 2? As youd only have half the game otherwise.
                    When i get a pc engine id like Parasol stars and Don doko don as well as most of the games already mentioned, and prehaps Operation wolf too.

Comment

I remeber really liking Vigilante, Shinobi and Splatterhouse back then.

That football game SNES Super Soccer was based on was great multiplayer fun as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDanX
                        i pressume you mean card 1 AND card 2? As youd only have half the game otherwise.
                        When i get a pc engine id like Parasol stars and Don doko don as well as most of the games already mentioned, and prehaps Operation wolf too.
                        To be honest no. I don't rate the second half of the levels. Nuts maybe, but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBelsey
                          Well, after 10 years of wanting one, I've finally bought a PC Engine Core Grafx! Now I need to get some games for it, but really don't know what to get.

There's a few things I know I want, such as Devil Crash and Splatterhouse, but other than that, I've got no idea.

See, and this isn't a direct reply like... quoted for reference, I don't understand this. Someone waiting 10 years for a machine, for just two games? Weeeeeee! Thribble! I know I'd probably pine after all kinds of other junk to go with it too

Ahem.

Atomic Robokid Special
                          Dragon Spirit
                          Rabio Lepus
                          Heavy Unit
                          Saint Dragon

Just a couple in addition to what everyone else has said (didn't read the thread, mind).

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                            Rabio Lepus

Deffo. Was playing it again last night, very solid fun indeed.

RI is a must too. So many

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                              See, and this isn't a direct reply like... quoted for reference, I don't understand this. Someone waiting 10 years for a machine, for just two games? Weeeeeee! Thribble! I know I'd probably pine after all kinds of other junk to go with it too
                              There are almost certainly loads of games that I'd like, it's just that I can't remember them all.

Last time I looked at the PC Engine stuff was 10 years ago or more, when reading Mean Machines so it's all a bit hazy, there's been a few mentioned in this thread already that I'll need to pick up.

It's also a case of affordability, I couldn't really justify buying one when I was younger, as I'd have had to import all the games, so I ended up buying a Japanese Megadrive and playing JPN, UK and US games on it. But now I picked up the PC Engine for about ?20, and can get a few games for about ?5 each, so it's not so bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X