Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi scores never really mattered to me before...until now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi scores never really mattered to me before...until now!

'Nights' has changed all that, I'm not joking, I played it for about 6 hours straight yesterday afternoon. Now I realise I'm about 10 years too late but up until yesterday I had never ever played it before, shame on me I know.

Once I realised how you clocked up the points and the all important course ratings, I was totally hooked and spent ages on Splash Garden just trying to break some course records and get that perfect A rating.

A true timeless classic which, as with games like REZ, has that undeniable charm and huge replay factor. What other games draw you in like this where you actually care how well you play?
    Last edited by Q-Bass; 03-02-2006, 12:24.

Psyvariar2. I can't seem to keep up with the best (yet) but that doesn't stop me trying. It's such a beautiful play mechanic. Must. Reach. Perfection.

(Does DC count as Retro? - If not then 1080 N64. Always trying to beat my TT times. Almost weekly ).

Comment

doh, retro titles. Hmm don't know. Metal Slug?

Comment

Mario Kart 64 and Daytona (SS). Ok its not scores, but I often have a quick bash to try and lower my lap times by that extra 1/100th of a second.

Other than that scores don't really bother me. I do try and 1cc or 1life a fair few games though (BK2 on hardest (Axel) and MS I can 1life and that's about it)

Comment

Always find with a game that has a great scoring system something strange happens that does not normally happen in games.

You try and make it harder for yourself its the risk reward strategy.Like with psyvariar2 the amount of times i went buzzing the projectiles and afterwards thinking how did i survive that.

Nights is the same trying to get a score and as close to the time limit as possible

Comment

Fzero (SFC)

Comment

Only really shooters, lap times on driving games to an extent. Not really competing with anyone other than myself, although I probably would be if my scores were any good . Only one I can remember getting quite a good score on is Soukyugurentai, got something like 12m on that in a 1 credit run. The only game that makes me miss having a Saturn.

Comment

Problem with i have with many games i will play the first level over and over.And never really try with later levels because i always feel i could do the first level better

Comment

metal slug, me and a friend have been going at it for about a year now

(dont edit that line ok)

Comment

eastyy, that's usually the trap I fall into as well. I must've played level 1 of some games thousands of times

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy
                      Problem with i have with many games i will play the first level over and over.And never really try with later levels because i always feel i could do the first level better
                      Definitely. I'm a serial resetter.

Comment

Ikaruga is a classic example clocked up 14hrs.

Pretty much all on the first level alone

Comment

Actually I do go for scores on some of the pce shooters. Some have 3mins/5mins timers where the aim is to get as high a score as poss (similar to the special hucards)

Comment

I really must get Ikaruga, it sounds totally awesome, everybody raves about it...14 hours sounds like a real solid session, I can just imagine all that noise, those explosions, the firepower 8)

I haven't played any consoles today and I'm already having 'Nights' withdrawal symptoms...seriously, I miss it, I actually woke up this morning thinking of when I could possibly fit in a few stolen minutes to play it in between work and the girlfriend, sadly work was **** and my gf wanted to go shopping

Gonna play it in a little while...yay me!

Comment

I really like ikaruga.

But there are other shooters i prefer such as psyvariar 1 and 2

Comment

Working...
                              X