Steel Battalion - is it worth anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel Battalion - is it worth anything?

Wondering what to do with this one, it's been clogging up my cupboard for too long. Is this thing worth anything? There was talk when it came out that it would be a collector's item, but I get the feeling nobody really wants them now.

Any idea how much I'd get at GAME, Gamestation, or eBay? Needless to say it's mint, boxed yada yada.

Or should I just put it in the bin?

I saw a pre-owned one in a Gamestation store for ?280 a few months ago.

Comment

The BIN?! Good god man, it's one of the finest games to ever come out of Capcom, and you'd bin it due to lack of buying interest?

Jokes aside... I've no idea. It's a nice game. Have you completed it? I bought mine second hand for about 160 Euro, mint, etc, off a guy I know in France. Played it to death.

Why? Did you buy it solely to sell on for profit later?

Comment

About half a year ago it was worth a pretty penny, but unfortunatly since the server's have closed there isn't much use for it because it's pretty much unplayable (Hence why I sold mine)

My local gamestation has a mint one fully boxed for ?100 so judging from what they were selling them for previously they're not as sought anymore.

They also have an unboxed one complete for ?70

Comment

I'm in the same boat, got one in the cupboard (bought it to play but never found time, now circumstances dictate I need to get rid of it one way or the other)

Comment

its probably worth about ?100

here and on ebay - Gamestations price is just daft

Comment

Buster's about right, it'll fetch even more on a good day, but Steel Batallion retro ! it's only two years old !

Comment

Just out of interest, if you were going to sell it, how much would you be looking for?

Comment

I tried to sell mine on this forum, including line of contact, for ?80 - Nobody took it.

Comment

Did Line of Contact have any offline elements to it too?

If so does anyone know where I can get one easily?

I have a US machine - though I think the game is region free?

Comment

Well guys i have a sealed one!

Comment

heh, I have a sealed Beta test for line of contact..

Comment

I've never used my Steel Battalion, I have taken it out of the box to look at, but not out of the packaging. I don't have the room for the controller when it's assembled, but I do plan on playing it one day. All those buttons look daunting though.

I opened the original game to see if it would run a demo when left on the title screen, but it didn't, and LoC is still sealed.

Comment

You do need hell of a lot of space!

Comment

The campaign servers are closed but free mission still works last I checked. No, there are no offline components (as asked in the thread) except for system link. The last patch released all of the VTs for free mission/system link play.

It does run a demo if left on the title screen (the original anyway, LoC plays a random replay IIRC) but not if you don't have the controller plugged in (it just exits back to the title; LoC doesn't run at all unless the controller is present).

You should make room for the controller. The original game really is excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X