Battle mania/Trouble shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battle mania/Trouble shooter

Hi all, can anyone inform me about this superb looking megadrive shoot-em-up? Ive only seen a couple of screens but i have no idea who the developer is or if its any good? Also whats it cost? And is it hard to find?

Battle Mania and Battle Mania 2 (Japan only) are by Vic Tokai and are part of the "cult" games group for the Mega Drive. Both games are expensive in Japan but I have no idea about the ****ty looking art work US version of Trouble Shooter. I like both of them as I'm sure many here do. Personally I'd go for battle Mania 2 if you must buy one of them but if you have the cash then by all means get both!

Yakumo

Comment

Imported copies of Battle Mania 1 & 2 last year. I haven't played Mania 1 yet, been too busy enjoying Mania 2. If you can find/afford a copy, I would definately recommend you invest.

Comment

2 is way better than one imo. But the md has some great shooters as it is and BM 1/2 pale in comparison to other md shooters. Slap Fight and Eliminate Down are the 2 best md shooters I reckon.

(I have a fairly ropey conditioned but cheap TS if you wanna take the plunge and see for yourself)
        Last edited by wheelaa; 09-02-2006, 09:01.

Comment

So Battle mania 1 is Trouble shooter on the genesis and BM2 is jpn only? What sort of money are we talking about?

Comment

Well let's say you'll be looking at over 50 quid for a Japanese (only) Battle Mania 2 for sure !

Yakumo

Comment

I reckon they're both decent shooters, but as mentioned BM2 is leaps and bounds ahead of the first one. BM2 was rumoured to have gotten a US release under the name Trouble Shooter 2 but it has never been verified.

Comment

Thanks chaps, getting TS1 from wheelaa, so i'll check it out for myself soon enough, re vic tokai, what else have they done i should be looking out for?

Comment

Hmm, Vic Tokai mostly release crap. I was quite surprised at Battle Mania. I wonder if they actually made it or just licensed it? Most of their other games seem to be either licensed or just pure poo.

Yakumo

Comment

The only other jpmd Vic Tokai release is Time Dominator 1st (Socket).

Comment

Battlemania 2 ?103 @ vgi!! *eyes pop out of head*

Comment

Dunno if anyone noticed but it seems to have got a mobile phone release too:

Comment

What's a Jap Battlemania 1 worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Tychom
                            Dunno if anyone noticed but it seems to have got a mobile phone release too:

http://www.genkimobile.jp/slunch/tor...nia/index.html
                            WOW, didn't know that. Downloading it now !! I'll let you guys know what it's like.

Yakumo

EDIT - what a crapper ! It says it's for phones that can handle 100k aplications but mine goes up to 256kb ! Looks like the auto detection on the site is wrong I was really looking forward to that too

Yakumo
                            Last edited by Yakumo; 10-02-2006, 09:05.

Comment

Working...
                            X