Xbox Live. Worth a purchase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Live. Worth a purchase?

I was going to get live for Halo 2 but I am tempted to get it before by games such as, CvsSNK2, Ghost Recon, Wolvenstein and Mot GP 2. However is it really worth it?

How much do you lot play on live? How good is it?

Personally, I plan to get it myself in a few months (when I can afford it), mainly for Midtown 3, which is sounding great.

Comment

Hi guys!

I got LIVE just after the Beta but before it was out to purchase in the shops. I must say that it is an incredibly well-realised service from M$ and it's the best ?40 I ever spent!

Moto GP 2 runs so smooth you would swear you were playing offline.

Cap Vs. Snk is awesome too although I need an arcade stick before I start playing it again.

Ghost Recon is awesome and far, far better, (imho of course), than Socom online on PS2.

I have yet to get Wolfenstein but a few of the guys on here and online are saying it's great!

Simply put, I have been enjoying LIVE for months and it will only get better!

For me it's a 10/10 purchase.

Comment

If you've got Broadband then I would very much recommend this.

When I first got Live, I remember staying up 'til 4-5am everyday playing Ghost Recon, then I got bored of it... But I've come back to it over the past few days with Wolfenstein and PSO (which I didn't like very much).

Comment

I agree with everything ZeroRisk said above, Live is very good and Moto GP in particular is exceptional.

Comment

i bought it and got bored fairly quickly tbh !

need to give it another chance

Comment

Definitely get it.

Wolfenstein on Live is the next level of gaming for console owners.

Comment

Do you already have broadband at home? If so, you definitely want it. If not, then the answer is more difficult. I'm umming and aahing now, as its not going to be cheap.

Comment

I had it and then got board of it, then one day picked it back up again and now ive never stopped lol!

PSO rocks in a big way!

Comment

Have you all imported machines or PAL Xbox and PAL Live? Are there any differences?

I have broadband and maybe will get a Xbox and Live.

Comment

live is great - definitly the highlight of the xbox - the only reason why i bought an xbox was to play cvs2 online.... it gets kinda crap playin one playa - but on the net its endless fun - until someone comes out with the dirtiest guile/blanka/honda team - charge down and forward bots

Comment

I have had Live since Beta testing and have played very few 1 player games since, except Zelda WW & Wario Ware.
                        If you have broadband then get it, its that simple.

No need to play alone anymore, no matter how good (or bad) you are at a game you can always find a challenge online.

The games are getting much better now as well, Return to castle Wolfstein is a real hoot when playing with a couple of decent players and MotoGp2 runs so well online.

Does what it says on the tin if you are after multiplayer online action then look no further you have found what you are looking for.

Come in and join us.

TR

Comment

Definately worth 40 squid if you've got BB. Even if play just a few times your getting great vaue for money what with the free demos and headset. I tend to play L!ve in waves. One week I'm on all the time the next week I'm going cold turkey at my local rehab clinic.

Comment

I just bought a new pc in Jan so I avoided this as I play Unreal 2003 and Battlefield 1942 Desert combat.

Bought it on Sunday and am having a scream even the mic adds such a laugh

go get it!!

Comment

I have had Live! for about a week and its hugely enjoyable imho. I have Moto GP 2 and Midtown Madness 3 and both are massively playable offline and online. I would highly recommend getting Live! I try and play on it daily so i dont get out of touch and get my ass kicked all the time.

You get out of it what you put in to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X