Cliffhanger-Snes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cliffhanger-Snes

Played this on my emu last night. Had recently rewatched and enjoyed the film so thought i would give it a go.

I knew it would be bad but what a pile of absolute rubbish. How the Hell did this get a release at all?

If i remember correctly, it came towards the end of the SNES's life, so it makes it even more incredible that games of this standard were released...

Thats just the tip of the iceberg anything thq touched in those days turned to ****..,they had that **** touch!

Comment

I rememebr renting it for a weekend from the video shop when I was younger... cant quite remember what I made of it then but am guessing I kinda enjoyed it as I was too young to really care much about what was going on if I played it now though I would probably smash the cart off a wall.

Comment

i remember those Platforming bits with the passion of Hate, i rented it out when it was released... the Avalanche bit, where you had to run away and make perfect jump of huge gaps and avoid logs and rocks was brutal, let alone the 4 or 5 combat moves you had against gun totting enemies.

Comment

I walked through tthe first bit and faught the 8 or so identikit enemies. I quickly learned that the enemies were helpless when you did the dash punch on them..

Got to a gap and tried to jump-died
          Tried it again
          died

Turned the thing off.

THQ were awful back in the day: Home Alone and Pit Fighter were shockingly bad.

It is amazing they survived as a company as thier sales must have been terrible.

Comment

I thought Sony Imagesoft released this game?

Comment

Edward Randy is the only Cliffhanger you need 8)

Comment

Didnt the mega cd version have the obligatory 3d bit that was actually quite good?

Comment

Originally posted by Street Turk
                  I walked through tthe first bit and faught the 8 or so identikit enemies. I quickly learned that the enemies were helpless when you did the dash punch on them..

Got to a gap and tried to jump-died
                  Tried it again
                  died

Turned the thing off.

THQ were awful back in the day: Home Alone and Pit Fighter were shockingly bad.

It is amazing they survived as a company as thier sales must have been terrible.

Lol! home alone was so............. ****e, i was so offended that i jus had to complete the bastard because i didnt not want to lose to a **** game! man was i so frustrated though!

Cliffhanger is not the worst game THQ released, i think toys was.

Comment

THQ also did James Bond Jr, which had about as low a score as I think I've seen.

I'm still wary of any THQ game I see to this day - I'm honestly suprised they've survived so long when other (better) companies have gone under.

Comment

i remember having this many years ago, it was one of many ****e releases from THQ at the time, wasnt ren and stimpy released from them too.

Comment

i think its cos thq is not jus a games development company, they have other divisions which help keep it afloat. But there recent ish has been more favorable, especially the wrasslers they produce. i think.

Comment

the wrestling games are ****e mate, the best wrestling games were the ones of old back in the days of the snes like FirePro Wrestling (the one with Baba as the big mongy guy with the BORK head chop move)

Best ever 4 player game eva.....

Comment

I was right!

Why does everyone seem to think THQ had something to do with it? They were ****, that much is true, but don't go blaming them for something they didn't even produce.
                            Last edited by Duddyroar; 10-02-2006, 12:52.

Comment

LOL true, but whatever, THQ were the bomb in the day!

God they were ****e, but I really enjoyed some of their cartoon franchise releases, Ren & Stimpy Veediots? for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X