Return Fire - Sega Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Return Fire - Sega Saturn

Was this released in the UK? (or at all on the saturn)

A lot of people claim they saw/played it back in the day..but I (and many others) have never seen a copy, ever. Nor indeed does it feature on any of the decent retro lists on the web (just in a load of very suspect lists).

So, post up if you know...but bear in mind PROOF is wanted ie piccies.

Ta

I can confirm it got a PAL Ps1 release. Not that I have been in any way helpful to you, given that you want to know about the Saturn version.

Comment

i'm 99% certain it was finished but never released. I've never seen a copy, plenty of PS1 versions knocking about

I'd like to take this opportunity to pimp Mass Destruction on saturn - very similar graphics style and the amount of carnage you could cause was facking ace!

Comment

MD is great (quite rare in jp format too btw)..but no help.

Re RF- some people say it was released as a rental only title. Some people say they have seen 100s of copies in bargain bins. No people have proof. Please help!

Comment

Id wager it never went full retail at least.

Besides we all know 3DO version is the best dont we

Comment

I thought i had a copy but it turned out to be Mass Destruction. I thought i'd seen it somewhere but i can't say for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
              Oh yes indeed we do !!!

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                MD is great (quite rare in jp format too btw)..but no help.
                Yeah, and who owns a copy I love the cover. Says so much if you think about it !

Yakumo

Comment

Who else I wonder??

Comment

Originally posted by wheelaa
                    Was this released in the UK? (or at all on the saturn)

A lot of people claim they saw/played it back in the day..but I (and many others) have never seen a copy, ever. Nor indeed does it feature on any of the decent retro lists on the web (just in a load of very suspect lists).

So, post up if you know...but bear in mind PROOF is wanted ie piccies.

Ta
                    I'm 99.9 sure it was never released on the Saturn in any region as I was always praying it would be and kept a good eye out for it. When I saw the thread title before reading it I was well giddy thinking it was going to be saying it was released and how good it was / is, oh well . If I remember rightly the PS1 release also included the 3DO extra levels pack too At the time I was pretty anti PS1 (Sega fanboy!!) but I've chilled now and perhaps I should search out a copy as I've heard it's a great two player game.
                    Just touching on Mass Desruction I'd not seen the art work on the Jap version before but (as with many releases) the U.S version is terrible, it's one slightly humourous saving grace being the guys legs sticking out of the tanks catapillar tracks . Not a bad little game either.
                    Attached Files

Comment

^^IS that true, I thought Maps of Death was 3DO exclusive!!

shame

Comment

Id wager it never went full retail at least.

Obviously I have Return Fire and Maps o' Death on 3DO. No friends though

I have a disc only of Mass Destruction on Saturn. Great fun for a bit of mindless tank action. Perhaps not the best thing to go on to immediately after spending a couple of hours on Desert Strike though.

Comment

^^IS that true, I thought Maps of Death was 3DO exclusive!!

shame
                          Hmmm you could well be right, just read a couple of reviews of the PS1 version and whilst they do refer to the 3DO version there's no mention of the extra maps being carried across to the PS1.

Comment

GameFAQs, which isn't the most reliable source in the world, says this:
                            3DO
                            Return Fire
                            Return Fire: Maps of Death
                            PC
                            Return Fire
                            Return Fire 2
                            PS
                            Return Fire
                            And that's it.

I guess if anyone had a full list of PS and Saturn pirate scene releases they could tell for sure.

Comment

I'm pretty sure OlderGames, the people who unofficially released Citizen X and other games via Lik-Sang, have a copy of Saturn Return Fire, but won't market it until someone knows how to manufacture bootable Saturn discs.

No doubt some people on Assembler may have it too. Finished copies are known to be floating around. SSM reviewed it in fact, 80% marked down only for the low framerate in multiplayer.

Comment

Working...
                              X