Classic arcade games without decent (or any) conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic arcade games without decent (or any) conversions

Not necessarily thinking of stuff like Scud Race, but basic mid to late 80s stuff which either never got converted, or received poor conversions:

Flying Shark (Taito) computer versions horrible
    Ikari Warriors (SNK) control method issues
    Ghosts n Goblins (Capcom) missing levels!
    Rolling Thunder (Namco) I think Tiertex did this!
    Rastan (Taito)
    Tumblepop
    Double Dragon
    Last edited by jnm23; 17-02-2006, 11:39.

Originally posted by jnm23

Flying Shark (Taito) computer versions horrible
    Actually I've just been playing that on marty this very evening. ****ing sweet mate

Comment

Numan Athletics??

IMO one of the best games ever, at least loved it in my youth....snes version easy, but no :/

AB Cop.........so good.

SEGA ****ed up Mega CD, coulda been so good, the HW despite being tame, was good enough to do....something, at least.

Comment

Jackal ....... Konami game only has a Nes version as far as I know

Comment

Alien Vs Predator - 'tis the bane of my life that this has never received a home conversion :/

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
            SEGA ****ed up Mega CD, coulda been so good, the HW despite being tame, was good enough to do....something, at least.
            It did do something. It made an excellent doorstop.

Comment

lol megacd

I agree on numan athetics though, although I played the ROM and its not aged the best.

Comment

R-Type Leo

Comment

Ikari Warriors (SNK) control method issues
                  SNK brought this out for the mobile phone a few months ago. Surprisingly very close to the arcade version.

Yakumo

Comment

The Simpsons arcade game, pretty much every single Simpsons game has sucked apart from the arcade game and it never got converted!

Comment

Try the pixel-perfect Amiga port. As far as I know, it's complete.

Many classic Sega games from the 80s never got a decent conversion : Thunderblade, Galaxy Force II (even the Saturn port is crap, oddly enough), Super Hang On... Same thing for Chase HQ. Most of the home versions were considered good back then, but today when you compare them with MAME, you see how lame they are. The Sat port (with SCI) was butchered (shame on you Taito).

(oh, and I don't think we should include games that didn't get any conversion at all in this topic)

Comment

@Jnm23 - C64 version of Ikari Warriors (despite not having rotational control) is actually quite good.

@NeoClaret - There's a C64 version of Jackal too.

@Pentarou - You can guess this now, can't you... heh... Simpsons Arcade was converted to PC and C64 (US only).
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                          @Jnm23 - C64 version of Ikari Warriors (despite not having rotational control) is actually quite good.

@NeoClaret - There's a C64 version of Jackal too.

@Pentarou - You can guess this now, can't you... heh... Simpsons Arcade was converted to PC and C64 (US only).
                          u been memorising some c64 release list

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle
                            Same thing for Chase HQ. Most of the home versions were considered good back then, but today when you compare them with MAME, you see how lame they are. The Sat port (with SCI) was butchered (shame on you Taito).
                            Oh No! I have the Saturn port but haven't played it yet but always assumed it would have been perfect.

What was wrong with it?

Comment

This was available on the PS1 along with Ghosts and Goblins and Super Ghouls and Ghosts. It's now available on Capcom classics.

What levels are missing?

Comment

Working...
                              X