Tempest 2000 on the Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tempest 2000 on the Saturn

I keep having an urge to play Tempest 2000, but I'm no way buying a Jaguar just for the sake of it.

Has anyone played the Saturn version? How does it compare to the Jag original?

Played it a few years back - it's a decent enough conversion put not a patch on the Jag original. It just seems as if everything has been toned down and it is not as intense or compulsive as the Jag version, can't quite put my finger on it to be honest.

Seriously, a Jag and this can be had for ?15 so I would be inclined to go for the best version of probably my favourite ever game.

Also, I hear Tempest X for the PS1 is pretty good, a remix of 2000 though I haven't played it myself to comment.

Comment

Tempest 2000 on the Saturn is another piss poor programming effort. In ever respect it SHOULD be better than both he Jag and PSX but it's not. THat's not to say it's a bad game though.

Yakumo

Comment

I loved Tempest X on the PS1. Great game that is much better than Tempest 2000 IMO. Never played the Jag version myself though so couldn't comment on that game.

Comment

ive got the saturn version, tbf its tempest so the gfx were never gonna be great, but it plays fast and the old skool hardcore soundtrack is nothing short of genius. Ive play the Jaguar version and its not as good tbf

Saturn version is your best bet

Comment

jag all the way.

Comment

I paid a slightly excessive ?45 for a Jag and T2K (both NIB) a few years ago, and have had no regrets.
              Make sure ya mod it for 60Hz (piece o' piss) and use an RGB lead though, the Jaguar RF is ugly as sin.

Comment

Originally posted by parkinho
                Seriously, a Jag and this can be had for ?15 so I would be inclined to go for the best version of probably my favourite ever game.
                yeah it is pretty cheap, but it is space consuming, which is a bummer if your console setup is allready full, and you dont like seting consoles up.

Comment

Tempest 2000 on the Jag is great, but the Jag pad is a pain in the ass , if you can get a hold of Tempest X on PS I would say go for that, the framerate on the PS is better then on the Jag and you have a decent pad to play it with.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a bit reluctant to shell out for another console just to play one game, especially as I've already got nearly a dozen hooked up to one TV as it is!

Didn't know there was a PS1 version, though. I reckon I'll try and get a hold of that, although it doesn't look too common.

Cheers!

Comment

I think the Saturn version is amazing, but I've not played the others. But if you haven't either, you'll have no problems with the Saturn version.

Comment

Working...
                      X