Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactics Ogre 32-bit PAL?

Lo chaps!
    Did Tactics Ogre get a PAL release on Saturn or PlayStation at all?
    Otherwise I'll plump for the US PS release, or Saturn if it exists.
    Unless it's super-rare and expensive, in which case I'll just carry on with my life instead
    I would have preferred the SNES one but it's in Japanese only and the translation project is dead.
    Ta!

No PAL release....although I seem to remember the GBA version coming out in the UK.

Comment

I already have that and have finished it twice.
      Tactics Ogre 16/32-bit is a different game, afaik.

Comment

PSOne version came out in US and Japan. Saturn version was Japan only.

Comment

The GBA version never made it to the UK AFAIK.

Comment

OK, PS version it is.
            Is it particularly rare/hard to find?

Comment

US version goes for around ?40+

Comment

Arse.
                Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar
                  The GBA version never made it to the UK AFAIK.
                  I remember seeing it back when I worked at Gamestation. Must have been a used import I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                    Lo chaps!
                    Did Tactics Ogre get a PAL release on Saturn or PlayStation at all?
                    Otherwise I'll plump for the US PS release, or Saturn if it exists.
                    Unless it's super-rare and expensive, in which case I'll just carry on with my life instead
                    I would have preferred the SNES one but it's in Japanese only and the translation project is dead.
                    Ta!

None of the Ogre Battle games have ever made it to the UK! Another great tragically for the UK game?s market.

On a side note the GBA game is the sequel to the SNES/Saturn/PSOne and well worth picking up if you like the series.

Comment

I thought it was released on the SNES in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by gossi the dog
                        I thought it was released on the SNES in the US.
                        Nope, that was Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen which got a US SNES release. It was also released on the PSOne and Saturn as well.

Comment

Yes, Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre are two different things. Ogre Battle also got released in the US on N64, but I prefer Tactics Ogre. Ogre Battle leaves me with a really detached feeling, a bit like Championship Manager. It's all setting up and then leaving the computer to do its stuff, which I don't enjoy all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
                            Yes, Ogre Battle and Tactics Ogre are two different things. Ogre Battle also got released in the US on N64, but I prefer Tactics Ogre. Ogre Battle leaves me with a really detached feeling, a bit like Championship Manager. It's all setting up and then leaving the computer to do its stuff, which I don't enjoy all that much.
                            It's odd how the same series has two different styles of battle in it.

I would disagree on the detached part as there still quite a lot of skill in the battles of Ogre Battle. I really enjoy both sides of the series, but one deal with massives wars the other with minor battles.

But I think I do prefer Tactics Ogre just slightly over Ogre Battle.

Comment

Originally posted by S3M
                              It's odd how the same series has two different styles of battle in it.
                              Perhaps, but then the Shining series has about 5 different styles.

Comment

Working...
                              X