Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

decisions, decisions, - pcengine duo or neogeo AES?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

decisions, decisions, - pcengine duo or neogeo AES?

i have this thing of only keeping four consoles and no more or no less, so naturally these console have to be something special, especially as i'm very critical of videogames in general. So when my recent purchase of a jap ps2 left me uninspired i've decided to look else where for that missing link to fill in the space between my jap DC, jap saturn, and usa snes. I'll hopefully manage to sell the system in a few weeks and use the proceeds towards another system but i'm stuck between a pc engine duo or a neogeo aes.

I've never owned a pcengine before so the system holds a lot of curiousity for me, i know its got quality shooters and many affordable games as well as the more colectable pricey ones. The main problem with this system is that it doesn't use RGB so i may have to purchase a new tele to be able to use it.

The neo geo i've owned before but have been attracted back to it again for some strange reason, i know there is a high standard of games on the system, but i feel that the main reason i may be attracted to it is because of aesthetics and not the games.

Maybe it depends on what i want most shooters or fighters? i don't know which do you guys recommend?

I had lots of both and i'd go for the Duo, mainly due to the sheer amount of diversity in the games.

Comment

As great as the Neo is, most of the best games are avaliable on other formats. Something to consider.

Comment

Gonna make loads of enemies by saying this.....Never owned the pc engine before BUT heck NEO GEO man, it just rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd get a cheap core grafx as its upgradable , and an MVS system

best of both!

Comment

Right on could pick up a Core II for ?50 then have ?50 for multiple games or 2 of the systems best.

Comment

As you said it really depends on how much you like fighting games as they make up the vast majority of titles on Neo Geo.

Also to bear in mind, you could beat someone to death with a Neo Geo cartridge which is alot more than can be said for the tiny little hucards.

Comment

i would get the Duo

more diverse games on that system

unless you adore fighters - if you do, buy a Neo

Oh and splatterhouse and shinobi are on the PC Engine

Comment

you people convinced me, now i have to search for a 15" flat screen tele that is proper ntsc compatable not just through an RGB scart like my one is. Its probably best, i heard that RGB mods on the duo don't give a good picture plus the system is a thing of beauty why butcher it?

Comment

PC Engine without RGB mod = No point
                    PC Engine on horrid LCD = No point

May aswell just use emus if you're going down that road IMO.

Comment

While I run the risk of sounding uninformed through not having witnessed RGB pc engine (to which I submit that not everyone is as anal in insiting its rgb), I'll say this:

Not playing pc engine just because it has no rgb mod, is cutting off your nose to spite your face. Also, theres nothing wrong with pc engine on a lcd....

Comment

Originally posted by SharkSkin-Man
                        PC Engine without RGB mod = No point
                        PC Engine on horrid LCD = No point

May aswell just use emus if you're going down that road IMO.
                        opps, didn't explain myself properly, i meant 15" flat screen crt

that where i'm stuck though even on the internet manufacturers records lack any decent info, how am i going to find out if a tele is ntsc compatable?

Comment

Yeah man dont cut holes in your beauty, the compo****e is fine, i like it even.

Use it all the time over my rgb modded core II where the blues and red are gehhh.

Comment

AV vs RGB is like night and day, you really are missing out if you don't get it done IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by muse hunter
                              opps, didn't explain myself properly, i meant 15" flat screen crt

that where i'm stuck though even on the internet manufacturers records lack any decent info, how am i going to find out if a tele is ntsc compatable?
                              Take a console down to Currys or whatever and try them all out.

Comment

Working...
                              X